Observer

when are we going to be able to watch all the channels

when are we going to be able to watch all the channels that were paying for on the fly??? i noticed when i disconnect from my wifi i loose half of my channels unlike with satellite!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sharer

Re: when are we going to be able to watch all the channels

Until those broadcasters change their agreements to allow you to watch them off your home network.

It isn't a Spectrum restriction, but each particular broadcaster's stipulation. So if you want to access a particular channel's content "on the road", you need to give them feedback about it.
Contributor

Re: when are we going to be able to watch all the channels

Unfortunately RAIST5150 is correct. The logic that allows you to use the broadcaster's app rather than consoiidating all of them for a seamless experience is that they likely want you captive to their app. Local broadcasters also want to make sure you're geo-locked and only able to watch local stations rather than your home networks. The issue that Spectrum faces is that they don't provide service in every DMA. If I'm in Philadelphia and want to watch ABC even though my service is in NYC, they can't provide me 6abc (WPVI) and they are contractually obligated to blackout WABC. ABC may provide you access to WPVI even though you can't receive it at home but the trade off is you must use their app.

I'm sure technically they could make it happen with a lot of work but  they both likely feel it isn't worth the hassle.

Cable only stations? I'm guessing they want you using their app so they can sell you Over The Top (OTT) services. (Example: ESPN+, Disney+)