Newcomer

Why can't I watch alternate NFL Games online if they are not being broadcasted in my region on TV?

So there was New Orleans @ Tampa Bay being broadcasted in my region on FOX. But there was another game which was also being broadcasted at the same time but in a different region Seahawks @ Packers. Now I understand it can't be watched on TV but why can't I watch it online? I should be able to right?

3 REPLIES 3
Expert

Re: Why can't I watch alternate NFL Games online if they are not being broadcasted in my region on T

NFL does what they want, there's no must carry rules., You need to pay for the NFL Snday ticket to get all games... They want their $$$'s

Helper

Re: Why can't I watch alternate NFL Games online if they are not being broadcasted in my region on T

@lkshdby wrote:

@so there was New Orleans @ Tampa Bay being broadcasted in my region on FOX. But there was another game which was also being broadcasted at the same time but in a different region Seahawks @ Packers. Now I understand it can't be watched on TV but why can't I watch it online? I should be able to right?

The NFL has an exclusive contract with Directv for out of market broadcasts.

Proven Sharer

There are some exceptions...  but you might not qualify.

If you can install a DirecTV dish at your location, you must subscribe to DirecTV and purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket.

If you live in a location where it is not possible to install a dish (i.e. - An apartment in Manhattan or other multi-unit dwelling, or the location is out of the beam of the satellite - mountains and trees do not count), you can subscribe to the NFL Sunday Ticket and stream it.

If you happen to be a college student, you can qualify for the "Student Price".