Rookie

WIndows Spectrum livetv

all of a sudden all of my windows PCs no longer display fullscreen....its cropped....why didthey change it....it usedtobe great fullscreen....now its all messed up....

9 REPLIES 9
Seasoned Contributor

Windows Spectrum live tv

I have the same issue. If my reply is not legitimate, please let me know why and others too (don't PM me, everyone should know why) so I and others don't have it deleted. I'm spending my time writing this and do not appreciate having my posts deleted without even knowing why.  James_M, I've called TWC/Charter and noted that these black bars ARE an issue and I've posted screenshots below to verify that. Untitled-6.gifExample 2Untitled-5.gifBlack bars on left/right/bottom

Community Manager

Re: WIndows Spectrum livetv

@adobepro , 

I apologize for any confusion.  There was another post from you that appeared to be similar, and we discourage duplicate posts, so the other posts were removed.   That said, I also moved this post to start a new thread.  Many of our regular users look for new threads,  and I'd like to see if anyone else if having this issue with the bars on the side.   

I believe you said you are using a PC for watch.spectrum.net.  Can you reply back with the browser and device you are using,  as well as any other details that might be helpful, such as troubleshooting steps you have already tried and when this issue started? 

Thanks.   

Highlighted
Community Manager

Update:  This has been identified as a known issue and our network engineers are working to resolve the issue.  Unfortunately, there is no ETR at this time.  Thanks for your patience.  

Seasoned Contributor

OK sure, thanks for the update, I just replied to you're original post from yesterday, but I think it timed out with my detailed reply and lost it.

Seasoned Contributor

Just a quick note, this also happens when using on demand with windows live tv on a web browser, screenshot attached when watching Manifest.ff_on_demand.gifWindows 8.1 / FF 65 / OnDemand Video

Community Manager

Thanks.  The issue is with the current version of the player casuing the black bars.  There will be an update released that should resolve the issue on all browsers.  If you encounter any other issues, you can start a new thread and include a description of the issue.   We'll circle back and mark this post solved once the update is completed and working correctly.

Browser

After opening live tv on chrome on windows 10 laptop have bars but after clicking small square next to audio icon have full screen.  Did you already try that?

Browser

Issue is still around and fullscreen will not work because still not correct. Only zooming in works but then everything is formatted wrong and as such problems.

Seasoned Contributor

This is now fixed. As of 4:39PM EST, two issues are resolved.

1. Black bars sides are gone, full screen shows in full screen.

2. The auto hide now works if you have more than one monitor. This worked also prior to the Jan 2019 update, but broke in 2019 Jan update. This is now working again. What do I mean by this? If you have at least 2 monitors, and one monitor you use in fullscreen for live tv streaming, if you move your mouse away from the live tv monitor to another monitor, the black station identifier bar on the bottom would not auto hide, now it does.

THANK YOU FOR THE FIXES!

Untitled-7.gifBlack bars gone!Untitled-8.gifNew bottom Station Identifier auto-hides correctly.