Newcomer

Unable to manage DVR online or through Android app

Hi.  Just had service installed yesterday.  I was under the impression that I could manage my DVR online or through the Android app, but it is not showing up as an option.  It is a Technicolor DVR: Spectrum201-T.  Is this available or not?  If not, is it possible to exchange to a model that does allow for online management?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Helper

Re: Unable to manage DVR online or through Android app

You should exchange it for a DVR that isn't running the new Spectrum Guide software. Apparently Spectrum Guide has an issue with the DVR management functionality.

Rookie

I called to the support and the same happen I got a Spectrum DVR 201-A and the DVR management is gone, they said that the feature will come later but I don't believe I will go to the store to get other model of DVR, my TIVO has this feature by years I cannot believe this DVR boxes don't

Not applicable

Re: No DVR option on Spectrum TV App

Wow that would've been nice to know from the beginning.
I have a spectrum 210-a DVR, is it compatible with the app?
Also, I read in another Q&A, similar to the original question here. Someone said recording via the app is not yet available but coming soon.

Rookie

Can't record a show when away from home

I can record shows from my remote control when I am home, no problems at all.  However, when I try to record from the spectrum app or my pc from outside the home, it shows no option at all to record.  I’ve called customer service 8 times, been transferred all over the place to no avail.  Several different answers given.  I am ready to switch to FIOS….am paying over 150 a month for WHAT???

Lead Moderator

Hello!

I am sorry for the frustration with this. It is accurate to say that the new World Box DVRs

are not compatible with the Remote DVR Manager. Those are the 210s and the 201s.

At this time we do not have a date of when this will be available. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums