Highlighted
Newcomer

TWCTV App no longer works with Internet only subscription

I have been with TWC for about 10 years and have had there high-speetk 50 internet.  Along with this I was provided local TV channels via TWCTV App that I could watch on my home Roku.  However, in August 2016, it taken off my plan and NO longer works.  it says i now have to sign up for TV to use the App.  I was not given any notice this would be removed, a long with increasing my bill from $35 to $40 a month in August 2016.  What great service, less value, more money and no notice.  

6 REPLIES 6
Lead Moderator

Re: TWCTV App local TV channels no longer with Internet

Our apologies for your frustration. You should not have been receiving 

access to TWCTV without a Video Subscription, the video subscription

does provide TWCTV to non Internet customers but the subscription to 

Video service is a requirement for TWCTV. 

You can read more about that here: TWCTV FAQs

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Newcomer

Dear Julia,

We DO pay for a Video Subscription and you're screwing us around in the same manner.  Aparently you are changing the terms in which you provide access to local television channels.   We live in Los Angeles and have had service for about a year on 2 different TV's w/ 2 different Roku 3's via wireless connection w/ Time Warner Roadrunner ISP.  Was told (originally) that we needed either a set-top cable box or an "access card"  in order to use the TWC app w/ our Roku 3's.   We opted for leasing the card, as it was a few bucks cheaper a month than the set top box.   At the point of innitial installation,  we were told that, in fact, we didn't need the card after all, but we would have to keep paying the monthly fee regardless.  So... it has sat in a bedroom drawer for the last 12 months.   Our service up until today (less the random daily 4-digit channel error codes that we've become accustomed to) has been pretty flawless.   Tonight (Sunday Night) we come home and find that our channels 2-100 (including all local channels) are missing from the guide.   An hour of frustration speaking with a half dozen TWC employees all over the globe later, and I am back where I started an hour earlier.  I want the channels that I'm paying for and that they agreed to provide to me.    I see this same issue popping up everywhere on this forum.  I'm going to contact the California PUC in a few days  if this issue hasn't been resolved.

Hi @TWC_ISSUES

We would be happy to review this situation. We encourage you to contact us directly to look into this further. If you will contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp we ask that you please include your account number, service address associated with your account.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.

Regards,
Stephanie S.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - Community Forums

Browser

This is exactly what everyone expected would happen when Charter bought Time Warner.

I pay $250/mo for a substantial package, and poof, no more local channels on the iPad app.

(... or on the PCs.  Only channels 0, 10, 34 and up in the Live tab.)

Thanks Charter.

Lead Moderator

Our apologies @StickMon , we have not made a change to the TWCTV app line up to remove your local channels, the missing channels have nothing to do with the Merger. 

We encourage you to contact us directly at 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

The problem, was caused by an inadvertent change to my user permissions in Charter's database.

They were eventually able to correct the problem and now the local channels are back live on all of our devices.