Newcomer

Spectrum TV app and watch.spectrum.net/livetv both say I'm not on home network

This has been happening ever since i moved.  I own my own modem and my own router.  I connect through WiFi for my iPhone and am directly plugged into the router for my pc.  Both the Spectrum TV app and the website say i am not connected to my home network when I am.  I have restarted the compter, the router, the modem, and my phone.  A technician came and verified I had good internet signal.  What do I need to do to get the app and the website to show me all my channels that I pay for?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sharer

Re: Spectrum TV app and watch.spectrum.net/livetv both say I'm not on home network

Either something is off in their database, or with geolocation data?

Could try going to myip.ms to see if it is at least reporting the right city/state on the geolocation side of things.

Perhaps resetting the modem to defaults, or refreshing it through the Spectrum account page/support/troubleshooting pages could fix it. May be worth verifying your address and such is also correct on those pages as well. If not, then all that needs to be addressed. Might even need to provision the modem again too.
Proven Sharer

Re: Spectrum TV app and watch.spectrum.net/livetv both say I'm not on home network

Suggest that you change your Spectrum account password.  That step usually forces all of the servers to resync.  It could take up to an hour as the password change ripples through the network.

Another possibility is that the MAC ID of your COAM modem is not correct in Spectrum's records.  This can happen if your recent move put you in a different region of the Spectrum 'empire' and you failed to register your modem at the new residence. 

Contributor

IF you are using a VPN that will change your external IP and mess with geolocation. I used to have DTVN, and occasionally my guide would have New York City channels instead of Kentucky.