Community Manager

Re: Spectrum App Live TV on Mac dim with dark oval around picture

All, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I have been advised that the network and video teams are aware of this issue and investigating.  I will provide any updates as they become available.  At this time, there is no estimated time to have the issue resolved.  

Not applicable

I don’t think it’s isolatwd to chrome since I don’t use chrome and I’m having the same issue.
Rookie

I've been having the same problem starting yesterday running the tv app thru Chrome on my MS Surface.  Soooo frustrating!!

Not applicable

Same here in upstate NY, but viewing via Windows laptop. I tried to upload a screenshot, but of course the system won't let me...

Nonetheless, it's quite frustrating, and I called tech support to no avail. Hard issue to describe, but it sounds like they've "heard us" and this bizarre situation gets cleared up soon,

Not applicable

Hey,  it worked!  I think this is what you all are experiencing...now if Spectrum can see this, maybe they'll get a better sense of what we're talking about...Anyone know if tech support has an e-mail address?

SpectrumScreenShot.jpg

Rookie

Thank you for posting the screenshot...this is exactly what is happening to me.  I'm in western Mass.

Newcomer

This is happening in Google Chrome for me where I see dark oval around picture.  When I use Waterfox, it does not work at all.

However, in Microsoft Edge, it works fine and I can watch TV.  I normally don't use Edge for anything, but guess I will have to ues it to watch Spectrum until or if Google or Spectrum fix the issue.

Newcomer

happening here in culver city (los angeles), using chrome.

Newcomer

Same on Win7 laptop w/ Tbird in Austin...................

Newcomer

Same thing on Chrome on my Mac. Safari has never worked right with the flash player. So I just downloaded and installed Vivaldi and it’s working like a charm. Just another option for everyone until the problem is fixed.