Participant

Setting my DVR to record remotely

Is it possible to set my DVR to schedule a show for recording while I'm out off town?

Mike

7 REPLIES 7
Trusted Helper

Re: Setting my DVR to record remotely

@eznoh wrote:

Is it possible to set my DVR to schedule a show for recording while I'm out off town?

Mike

Hi Mike,

If you have a World Box. (Box with no clock) you can not do this.  You should be able to record on the go without a World Box, by logging in to My Account and DVR Manager user your user name and password that you use to log into the forum and "My Account."

Satch

Participant

Wow, another thing that I could do with DiretTV. Smiley Sad

Lead Moderator

@Satch @eznoh 

All DVRs have the capability to have recordings set from the Remote DVR manager through the app guide.

The difference between the World Box DVRs and the others are the management options, changing priority, deleting etc. 

If you do not have the option via the guide to do this there may be a problem with the 2 way communication of the box. 

Julia R

Trusted Helper

@Julia_R wrote:

@Satch @eznoh 

All DVRs have the capability to have recordings set from the Remote DVR manager through the app guide.

The difference between the World Box DVRs and the others are the management options, changing priority, deleting etc. 

If you do not have the option via the guide to do this there may be a problem with the 2 way communication of the box. 

Julia R

Thanks Julia for clarifying this!  Mike, try to record to your World Box and let us know what happens. It sounds like you have different recording options through remote management of the DVR based on how you set up and work with remote programs.

Satch

Participant

I'm back home now and I didn't make note of the error messages.

Helper

@eznoh wrote:

I'm back home now and I didn't make note of the error messages.

You can turn off wifi on your device and try to connect to the DVR...it would be just like you're away from home.

Highlighted
Participant

Now it works.