Not applicable

Darkened oval around video on watch.spectrum using Chrome.

Unless I hover the mouse over the watch.spectrum window, the video is darkened around the edges in Chrome. It's like I'm watching through a toilet paper roll. This issue was posted previously and marked as solved. It is not solved, nor was a solution offered. One person saying 'it works now' doesn't mean the issue is fixed. They could have used a different browser to fix the issue, which does indeed work. That doesn't fix the Chrome issue. 

7 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Darkened oval around video on watch.spectrum using Chrome.

@ihavenolegz wrote:

Unless I hover the mouse over the watch.spectrum window, the video is darkened around the edges in Chrome. It's like I'm watching through a toilet paper roll. This issue was posted previously and marked as solved. It is not solved, nor was a solution offered. One person saying 'it works now' doesn't mean the issue is fixed. They could have used a different browser to fix the issue, which does indeed work. That doesn't fix the Chrome issue. 

Where is the cursor? On my computer this happens if I leave the cursor at the far bottom of the screen. Moving the cursor to either the far left or far right enables normal brightness.

Community Manager

The issue mentioned in Spectrum App Live TV on Mac dim with dark oval around picture

was identified and escalated to our network team on 1/15/19.  The issue was resolved on all browsers on 1/18/19.  Any similar issues at this time would be a separate or individual issue. 

At this time, we are not seeing any other reports of this issue from other customers.  However,  it is possible for issues to reoccur after being resolved.

Please try clearing the cache and browser history.  If the issue continues, please contact us directly so we can investigate further.    

Please contact us at: 

Thanks! 

Not applicable

By cursor I assume you mean mouse pointer. It happens unless the pointer is anywhere other than hovering on top of the video. I use dual monitors so my mouse is usually in another monitor while the video plays.

I should note that the above use case scenario wasn't an issue until recently. I'd previously watched video from Spectrum in the secondary monitor without any problem for nearly a year.

Not applicable

This issue started for me a couple of weeks ago, likely after 1/18/19. I've tried all the usual troubleshooting solutions, including clearing of cache and history. Perhaps the fix created a new issue for some users.

Proven Sharer

I've heard a few 'rumors' on other sites that Google recently pushed out some updates to Chrome which are breaking previously stable apps. 

Contributor

Does your bottom black station identification bar stay stuck? Mine stays on and I can't seem to get it hide. Only after moving my mouse around randomly and then off the browser does it sometime hide.

Contributor

Happens on Firefox too...but only when you have your mouse over the blackbar on the bottom that gets stuck and wont auto hide.Untitled-4.gif