Highlighted
Browser

CNBC and other channels streaming video and audio stuttering

This post is more of a top level streaming issue as opposed to just watching TV on the computer.

Several channels when watching "Live" via Roku or iOS devices (iPad, iPhone) have stuttering audio and video.  This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

CNBC seems to be the most blatant example - trying to watch Shark Tank in the evenings is an exercise in futility.  The video and audio constantly stutter, buffer, and will blank out and then repeat the last 5 or 10 seconds.  My wife and I have given up watching that channel until this is fixed.  The History Channel does the same thing, but to a lesser extent, so programs are at least mostly watchable.  Some channels (TBS, Comedy Central) don't seem to have any stuttering issues.

I have TWCMaxx (300Mbps) and Gigabit wiring in my house - so it is not because of a bandwidth issue.  

It's also an issue with  multiple devices (Roku, iPad, iPhone - all running the latest updates).

Can someone please look into this?

2 REPLIES 2
Boz
Sharer

Re: CNBC and other channels streaming video and audio stuttering

We experience the same symptoms on some channels on the TWC TV app.  It is very annoying, especially when Netflix and other apps using the same TWC internet connection stream flawlessly!

Browser

Re: CNBC and other channels streaming video and audio stuttering

Just to follow up - I also posted this issue on TWC/Spectrum's Facebook page.  I went back and forth with a couple reps there yesterday and finally convinced them it wasn't the Roku or iPad or iOS version, etc.  The rep finally send update "signals" to my TV boxes (DVR and DTAs) and cable modem.  Interesting side note that none of the equipment ever went offline or rebooted that I could tell.  The rep then told me to try and watch CNBC on one of the devices.

I gave the Roku 10 minutes and it didn't stutter at all - then went to the iPad and no issues.  Last night we watched a couple complete episodes of Shark Tank on the Roku and also had no problems.

Too early to say for sure the "pushed updates" fixed my issue, but I'm cautiously optimistic.