Highlighted
Rookie

Apple TV Spectrum App

Can you please have the Apple TV version of the spectrum app lineup the channels by numerical order like the Roku version of the spectrum app. All the channels on Apple TV are in alphabetical order not in America and there’s no way to change it
12 REPLIES 12
LGT
Contributor

Re: Apple TV Spectrum App

Both the Roku and iPad/iPhone Spectrum apps have a setting you can change to switch between alphabetical and numerical listing of channels. Default is alphabetical. Does the Apple TV not have this same setting?  I ask because I don't have Apple TV, but I woul d think this setting would exist across all apps especially since it is on the iPad/iPhone app.  Again I don't have Apple TV so I could not tell you where to look for this setting, but maybe another forum member knows?

Rookie

The roku version does have that option. The Apple TV version does no t unfortunately. Don’t know why that is.
LGT
Contributor

Well unfortunately, if there is no setting to change, all you can do is wait for Spectrum to get around to updating the app and fixing the problem.  As a long time user of the Roku and iPad versions, you could be in for a long wait. 

Rookie

The roku. Version is much better and so is the remote control vs Apple TV 4. I need airplay that’s why I use Apple TV more.
Valued Participant

I have the Apple TV 4K with Spectrum TV app, and yes you can sort by channel number. See bleow.

Push the Menu button once on the Apple TV remote to pull up the guide:

IMG_0247.jpegGuide

Now use the track pad and move to the left to hightlight the 'dots' on the left:

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 7.51.34 AM.pngDots, top left

Now, hold the track pad down to pull up the guide options, here is where you can set the sort options and filter options. As you can see, you can sort by Channel Number:

IMG_0248.jpegGuide Options

Rookie

Thanks for that. In the roku version it’s under setting much easier.
Rookie

So looks like the spectrum $25 streaming only on Apple TV does not let you reorder by channel. Hope spectrum fixes this. I got the menu but channel number is not listed.

Not applicable

Hi thanks for the tip but it didn’t seem to work for me... could it be the type of package I have? I have streaming only...
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the tip but it didn’t seem to work for me... could it be the type of package I have? I have streaming only...