Rookie

iPhone 6 Plus with TWC WIFI Finder

Hi

Anyone using iPhone 6 with iOS 8.0 and above having issue with TWC Wifi Finder?

1) When trying to install the profile, it say unable to verify profile

2) After things get installed, I can't seem to connect to any wifi. I was at Chicago Airport and there was a BIONGO service I was unable to use. 

All I see in the WIFI connect was WIFI Passport Secure, but still showing LTE connection. 

10 REPLIES 10
Expert

Re: iPhone 6 Plus with TWC WIFI Finder

It only works with TWC hotspots.

Lead Moderator

Access to Boingo Hotspots is free for TWC Internet customers except those on Basic, Lite, Every Day Low Price and Essentials service tiers.

It’s also free for Business Class Internet customers and includes Starter Internet customers in the Kansas City area.

You can read more about Boingo Hotspots and TWC Wifi Hotspots here:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/all-faqs.html#Internet>twc wifi hotspots

(this did not copy well. You will need to copy and paste the entire line above from Http all the way throgh hotspots) 

Hope that helps.

Regards, 

Julia R. 

Contributor

I'm having this issue. Had it today while installing the profile at the TWC store and using their wifi.
Rookie

I couldn't get it to work. I have the ultimate 100 cable modem speed.

1. When trying to install it on an iPhone 6 it said unable to verify profile
2. On both iPad and iPhone with iOS 8, can't connect to any Biongo around Chicago Airport.
3. on my iPad, when launch the wifi finder, keep getting no internet connection error, shouldn't the app auto connect. I have the setting active
Contributor

Yeah there's some issue on TWC's end with the profile. When I connected to the TWC hotspot at their own store it threw up the same message. Since that profile supposed to get you on and secure your connection I didn't feel safe installing something that's not verified.
Contributor

Okay. Called level 3 support and they are writing up a trouble ticket for it. I think it's an expired certificate and they aren't saying either way.
Contributor

So TWC kicked me over to Apple and Apple claims all is right on their end. Meanwhile TWC claims all is well and it's Apple's problem. So nothing is resolved. The profile I'm required to download still say not verified and I can't seem to access any secure TWC Wifi hotspots because of this.
Rookie

Gotta love the zero ownership. Apple only provide the devices. If you are going to provide software on the device, it is your responsibility to make sure it work, regardless who is the problem. You are the owner to resolve it from end to end for your customer. 

TWC have absolutely no sense of ownerships and customer service. 

Contributor

I hear you and I have potentially good news. TWC is FINALLY aware of the issue and it seems to be causing problems for people who are subscribed to the 200 and 300 speed internet packages. People subscribed to other internet speed packages may be having problems also but the matter seems to be effecting people with 200 and 300 internet packages. I happen to be subscribed to 200 so this makes sense.

There's apparently a database issue where the profile isn't recognizing people subscribed to these tiers of service. Hence, not verified.

No timetable has been provided for the issue to be resolved. But it is "getting worked on."

You may or may not be able to connect by not downloading the profile and entering your TWC email address and it's password instead of your usual user name and password when in the iOS wifi settings screen. However, until the issue is resolved, you will be unable to access the secure pass point wifi connection which is the only one I will use considering its public wifi.

So that's the situation so far.