Newcomer

Wifi Hotspots on iPhones

Whether it be an iPhone four, an iPhone 5, an iPhone 5c or an iPhone 6 Plus, Time Warner Wi-Fi hotspots absolutely positively do not work. All of the iPhone models listed are currently under the same cellular account and are all active. Each device is running the latest available ios for the model and despite strong hotspot signals, each device is unable to load a simple webpage let alone stream media.

Everyone's Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Expert

Re: Wifi Hotspots on iPhones

Encryption/security type setting is wrong. Hopefully someone jumps in here with the correct one, I never tagged the solution...it.Woman Embarassed

Newcomer

@patrickfmurphy wrote:

Whether it be an iPhone four, an iPhone 5, an iPhone 5c or an iPhone 6 Plus, Time Warner Wi-Fi hotspots absolutely positively do not work. All of the iPhone models listed are currently under the same cellular account and are all active. Each device is running the latest available ios for the model and despite strong hotspot signals, each device is unable to load a simple webpage let alone stream media.

The hotspots work perfectly on my iPhone 5S running iOS 9.1. You must install a custom TWC configuration profile to your device to generate the necessary authentication credentials.

1. "Forget" any existing TWCWiFi/CableWiFi/TWCWiFi-Passpoint networks on your device.

2. Install TWC WiFi Finder.

3. Open the app.

4. Login with your TWC ID.

5. Download the configuration profile.

6. Install the configuration profile.

7. Connect to a TWC hotspot.

8. Reopen the TWC WiFi app to login with your TWC ID.*

*Note: You only have to login using the app after the first connection to each of the three hotspot networks, then it connects/authenticates automatically when a hotspot is in range. 

Rookie

all right, I tried deleting my profile and installing a new one, but no matter what I do, the public wi-fi point doesn't recognize my password. Advice now?

Newcomer

Which network are you selecting when trying to connect? For reliability, always choose the TWCWiFi network over CableWiFi and certainly over the PassPoint.
Participant

TWC hotspots are working perfectly on my iPhone 6 with iOS 9.1...after installing the TWC WiFI Finder app, logging in and downloading/installing the TWC profile my phone now automatically connects to any TWC hotspot I get near.  One other thing you might wat to try (after backing up your device) is to do a "Reset Network Settings" on your iDevice and then try to reinstall the TWC profile.

Observer

They are useless. Even though I am connected, I get no data throughput. I am on an iPhone, my wife a Galaxy S5. We both have this issue and always have. Troubleshooting tips, NONE have helped, we gave up.
Rookie

Me too. What I've been finding is I can get on when I'm closer to the hotspot, but there are no indicators that I'm not close enough. i have to go by the map and make my best guess.

Newcomer

Try creating a new user on your TWC account management page, and delete/reinstall the new configuration profile in the app.