Rookie

Wifi Hospots do not work

The hotspots worked perfectly until some point this December or January, but now I am unable to connect with my phone. I have this problem regardless of whether I use TWC Wifi finder or whether I try to log in manually: Usually I get an authentication error. Sometimes I am able to establish a connection, but then the login seems to take ages and never finishes.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S Duos.

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the TWC Wifi Finder App, as well as clearing the application data. The phone is registered in my TWC account, and my login data are entered correctly.

I'm perfectly able to connect to other WiFis with the phone, and I am able to connect to TWC hotspots with my tablet. Connecting with my phone, however, would be more important.

What can I do?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
TWC Employee

Re: Wifi Hospots do not work

Hello mgelter,

Try making a sub-account in your My Account, see if it allows you to log in via that account. The issue with the main TWC ID may still be there, but knowing if it is tied with just your main id or all ID's may help isolate the issue.

TWC - Northeast Region
Helper

There is a page in your online manager panel to add a hardware device manually, you will want your MAC address from the phone, and give it a name.. you might actually already see this phone mac address listed when you find the page ..............Ill check back later if you did not find the page and dig for it myself... Good luck.
Rookie

Thanks for your response. As suggested, I created a subaccount and registered the phone in it (instead of the primary account), and I selected the subaccount in the Wifi Finder app.

It seems that I can now connect to TWCWifi, but not TWCWifi-Passpoint.When I try TWCWifi-Passpoint, the phone just keeps trying to submit my login data, but to no avail: The Wifi finder just freezes up trying to log me into the network. It is similar when I try to login manually in the web browser.

Moreover, I'm not sure if I the Wifi finder is even able to TWCWifi, or whether it only worked because I connected myself. I need to experiment more.

At least it this a small improvement!

TWC Employee

Via the My Account website, visit the My Internet tab and it's located on the right hand side. It should have the WiFi signal logo in blue and a link called "Go to my WiFi".

Good suggestion jhf5!

TWC - Northeast Region
Valued Contributor

I am experiencing problems with the TWC Wi-Fi hotspots as well. I created a topic for my issue, but there have not been any recent replies. In the meantime, I'm still having problems with the hotspots.

I'll connect to them, but then won't have any internet/data connection. I constantly have to turn off Wi-Fi and use my mobile data.
TWC Employee

Hey there cbrookhart,

I replied to your thread with some questions, I don't want to derail this thread so lets continue on your original one. Robot wink

TWC - Northeast Region
Rookie

@Dust wrote:

Via the My Account website, visit the My Internet tab and it's located on the right hand side. It should have the WiFi signal logo in blue and a link called "Go to my WiFi".

Good suggestion jhf5!

Thanks again for your replies.

I thought it was clear from my original post that I had already done this before posting here -- I said that my phone was registered on the website.

As I explained in my previous reply, following your suggestion, I subsequently removed the registration from the primary account and added the MAC addresses to the subaccount I created as you suggested.

However, at least TWCWifi-Passpoint still seems not to be working. What else can I do (right now I'm travelling but I'll be back in NYC on Sunday).

Thanks!

Lead Moderator

This website may be of use  https://www.twcwifi.com/support

If you need help getting connected, call our WiFi customer support line at 1-888-851-9350

Regards, 

Julia R

Rookie

thanks for info