Observer

Speed is very slow past several month

Past several months, speeds of passpoint, twcwifi, cablewifi are all terribly slow. Before that it was pretty ok. Zip code 11367 area. I get yhree bars on smartphone all the time but speed is terribly slow... Hot spot js right next to my building..
Feels like living in 90's with telephone modem internet connection. Actually it slower than phone modem.. 0.65-.075 Mps download speed and 5-6Mps upload speed?? Weird.
Are you going to fix this problem or did you ever notice this problem?
8 REPLIES 8
Expert

Re: Speed is very slow past several month

You need to use your TWC modem's wireless rather than someone elses.

Wifi hotspots Speed and access time can be limited by the shop's owner, it may be on their modem as well.

Observer

Want me to bring my own modem to my work place??
What's the point of Twc's free wifi hot spots? You must have some regulations for shop owners' modem specs. People think all of hot spots are Twc' s. Not individual store's modem. Very disappointing.. Rather not make ads for free wifi hot spots... I thought I have some kind of special service/benefits as a long time Twc customer.
Expert

If your work place requires you to have an internet connection, they should be providing it not stealing it from the business next door. All the above you mentioned is consumer connections in guest mode....

Next, many are set to only provide CUSTOMERS  1 hour of service in a 24 hour period. If more is required, they need a private business wireless account set up. and it will be cheaper with Google or Uverse.

Observer

I'M NOT STEALING!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM?? I WAS USING TWC PASSPORT, TWCWIFI, CABLEWIFI FOR PERSONAL CONNECTION AS 20 YAEAS TWC CUSTOMER. YOU GUYS ARE ADVERTISING THIS WIFI HOT SPOTS FOR FREE FOR TWC CUSTOMERS. IF NOT IT'S FINE! I'M NOT GOING TO USE IT. DON'T EVER NERVER CALL ME "THIEF"!! WHAT A CUSTOMER SERVICE. CALL CUSTOMERS FOR 20 YEARS "THIEF". HOW NICE! VERY KIND OF YOU!
1 HOUR IN 24HR PERIOD?? NEVER HEARD OF IT!!
MUST TELL THE CUSTOMERS in "BIG LETTERS"!
I EVEN TALKED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BECAUSE OF ID AND PASSWORD ISSUE IN SPRING, HE DIND'T EVEN TOLD ME 'BRING YOUR OWN MODEM', 'IT'S FOR ONLY ONE HOUR FOR A DAY' NOR 'I'M THEIF!'
TELL YOU ONCE MORE. DO NOT EVER NEVER CALL YOUR CUSTOMERS THIEF. I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAY. I WAS USING TWC WIFI HOTSPOT AS TWC CUSTOMERS FOR 20 YEARS.
IF IT' NOT FREE MENTION IT IN BOG LETTER!!
-VERY FRAUSTRATED TWC CUSTOMER-
Highlighted
Observer

I USED TWC ID AND PASSWORD TO LOGIN TWC HOT SPOTS, NOW YOU TELLING ME I' M THIEF!
Observer

RIGHT NEXT TO MY STORE, THAT'S TWCWIFI HOT SPOT! NOT HACKING IN TO PRIVATE WIFI!
Lead Moderator

A bit of clarification. This forum is Peer to Peer support. TWC does not provide direct support and in no way did TWC indicate you were a thief. 

If you are having difficulty with the TWC WiFi Hotspot and have not been able to sort out the problem here or on your own we encourage you to phone our Wifi Support group at 888-851-9350 for assistance.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Observer

Why didn't you tell me at first reply??