Rookie

Please don't force me to use HotSpots.

Whenever I move around town, the phone appears to find Spectrum HotSpots. It also joins them withou asking me. I've tried Forgetting them, turning off Auto Join, logging off the app. I haven't installed any profiles and I do not want to join because the network is slow. I see several other posts about this here and don't see a solution. The only thing I can do is turn off WiFi entirely.

Please, Spectrum, make this stop: it's both annoying and insecure.

3 REPLIES 3
Proven Sharer

Re: Please don't force me to use HotSpots.

@meccaneer wrote:

Whenever I move around town, the phone appears to find Spectrum HotSpots. It also joins them withou asking me. I've tried Forgetting them, turning off Auto Join, logging off the app. I haven't installed any profiles and I do not want to join because the network is slow. I see several other posts about this here and don't see a solution. The only thing I can do is turn off WiFi entirely.

Please, Spectrum, make this stop: it's both annoying and insecure.

If your phone was built by Apple, you must have deliberately connected through a Spectrum Hotspot at some point in time.  Now you must manually delete the SSID entry and password for Spectrum WiFi from your iPhone.  Turning off the auto-join feature and "forgetting" the name is not enough to make it permanently disappear.

This is a known iPhone software 'feature', NOT a Spectrum or Google/Android problem.  Your local iPhone supplier or Apple store staff should be able to help if you continue to have difficulty. 

Rookie

Thanks! I will give this a shot.

However, this is the only network for which this problem occurs: any other network adheres to the concept of "forgetting" except Spectrum. Why is this?

Helper

The only way I know of that your phone would try to connect to hotspots is if you installed the profile or have "Auto-Join Hotspot" selected...maybe unknowingly?

What device? What software version?