Highlighted
Newcomer

Limited Access Wifi Login

hi!

is there a way to create a login for my kids to use Spectrum Wifi Hotspots without having full access to the account (and the subsequent ability to accidentally mess up my billing auto-pay or change my service in some way)?  it would be like having a guest login for the hotspots.

is that possible?

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Proven Sharer

Re: Limited Access Wifi Login

@talkinmonkey wrote:

hi!

is there a way to create a login for my kids to use Spectrum Wifi Hotspots without having full access to the account (and the subsequent ability to accidentally mess up my billing auto-pay or change my service in some way)?  it would be like having a guest login for the hotspots.

is that possible?

thanks!

Your account is the master account, and is associated with the TWC / Spectrum ID that you used to create a profile here.  You can have several users associated with your master account.  Think linux.

I believe the next step is to set up email addresses for other users for your account.  When you do so, you can assign them permissions.  Just do not give them the permission to manage the account.  The username you assign to those newly created email addresses will be their TWC / Spectrum user.  You will probably need to set their initial password.

Login into spectrum.net.   You should be on the "My Account"  Overview screen.  There are several tabs at the top.  Choose "My Profile".  "My Information" will be displayed (account number, address, ect.).  Below this will be "My Preferences".  In this fieldset, you will see a "+" for "User Management".  Expand the box.  Follow the instructions to add users and assign them permissions.

Community Manager

Re: Limited Access Wifi Login

@talkinmonkey ,

@dstoffa is correct, you can set up additional users following the steps he provided.  If you select to add them as an "Account Partner", they will have the ability to access billing and make changes, otherwise you can just select one service, such as "Spectrum TV App".  They will get a verification email and be prompted to set up a user name and password.  You can also manage the user, including deleting them at any time, from your account at spectrum.net.  They new user name and password they've created will give them access to WiFi HotSpots.

I've included a link to our support page Adding Spectrum Online Account Users, for reference.