Highlighted
Rookie

remote control no longer allows select button for pause/play

There was a software update two nights ago.  Now, the select button on the remote no longer functions as a pause/play button when watching something from the DVR.  Also, the right/left arrows around the select button no longer function as rewind/forward.  

Has anyone else noticed this?  Is there a way to restore the lost functionality?  I tried using the macro programming feature on the remote, but that did not work.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: remote control no longer allows select button for pause/play

@sju wrote:

There was a software update two nights ago.  Now, the select button on the remote no longer functions as a pause/play button when watching something from the DVR.  Also, the right/left arrows around the select button no longer function as rewind/forward.  

Has anyone else noticed this?  Is there a way to restore the lost functionality?  I tried using the macro programming feature on the remote, but that did not work.

Hello,

I actually heard that that this function was disabled on the update BEFORE this last one.  Yes, it was removed.  Don't know why?  Where are you located?  City? State? Zip?  I am sure that one of the mods could send feedback regarding the restoration of this feature in the next guide update.

Satch

Highlighted
Rookie

Hi Satch,

I am in Los Angeles 91324.  BTW - I called the help line, and they were useless.  They actually said that the function should have never worked, so that is why it was probably removed.  The tech had no idea, he was just guessing.   I asked to have this escalated, and he said he would pass the info along, but that no feedback would ever be returned about what, if anything, might be done.

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@sju wrote:

Hi Satch,

I am in Los Angeles 91324.  BTW - I called the help line, and they were useless.  They actually said that the function should have never worked, so that is why it was probably removed.  The tech had no idea, he was just guessing.   I asked to have this escalated, and he said he would pass the info along, but that no feedback would ever be returned about what, if anything, might be done.

Hi,

While the reps are nice, at least almost of them when you call, they are reading from a script.  They can boot equipment, do general billing questions/adjustments, and roll out trucks for service calls.  The technology knowledge that they have themselves, does not go above the basics.  You're better off coming here to the forums for help.

I cracked up when the tech said, "The arrow shortcuts should have never worked!"  That is nuts!  There were arrow shortcuts for the Navigator guide for DVR functions with DVR service.  They were removed with the last update.  Now, why they were I could not say, and I don 't think any rep here would be able to say either.  Those decisions are in the hands of the guide developers, and they don't talk to the general public.

All is NOT lost though.  They DO collect feedback in consideration for future updates.  I can give you an example,  several years ago, DVR Compensation was dropped from the guide completely.  This is the feature that controls the amount of jump-back when using the Rewind/Fast Forward feature on your DVR.

Tons of people HATED the removal of DVR Compensation, and TWC (way before we became Spectrum) collected feedback and restored DVR Compensation several months  later in a software update.  Feedback counts!  The main thing is getting enough people who care about a feature request to report that feedback.  You can also go to  Ask Spectrum https://twitter.com/ask_spectrum?lang=en on Twitter.  Get a Twitter account and follow them. (Or log into Twitter if you have an account.)  Than, contact Spectrum in a Tweet Titled - Guide Feedback-  Let them know what you would like to see in future releases to the guide.  If you can get others to submit feedback on the same topic, as long as it is constructive, you have a better chance of it being considered in a future update.

I would recommend this approach over calling.

Satch