Highlighted
Participant

Update Resolution Message

Most every day when I turn on my Samsung TV and Spectrum DVR I get a message asking me if I want to update the resolution on the TV. It is alreadt set to the highest resolution but I select the "update" button and it supposedly updates the resolution, there is no actual change in the resolution and the next day I get the same message again. How can I get rid on this annoying message?

Mike

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: Update Resolution Message

@eznoh wrote:

Most every day when I turn on my Samsung TV and Spectrum DVR I get a message asking me if I want to update the resolution on the TV. It is alreadt set to the highest resolution but I select the "update" button and it supposedly updates the resolution, there is no actual change in the resolution and the next day I get the same message again. How can I get rid on this annoying message?

Mike

Hi Mike,

First option would be a cold reboot of the box. Power off everything  and than unplug the box. Unplug your receiver for one minute and than plug it back in allowing the system to reboot,

If this does not fix the error message, or the message comes back, please post if you can, the make and model of your cable box and the type of guide that you have, as well as a screenshot of what you are seeing.

The following link will help determine the type of guide software that is on your cable box:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/which-guide-do-i-have-t?redirected=true

Satch

Highlighted
Helper

As I understand it this is a message generated by your tv and not by the Spectrum guide, correct?

How is the DVR connected? HDMI direct to the tv, hub, stereo, etc? 

Is the tv firmware fully updated?

Does the tv have an "auto" resolution setting rather than just setting it to the highest possible setting? 

Highlighted
Participant

No it's by the DVR.

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@eznoh wrote:

No it's by the DVR.

Thanks for this info,

Please give us the make and model of the DVR, and use the above link to determine your guide software. A screenshot showing the message will help as well,

Regards,

Satch

Highlighted
Participant

It wasn't happening as often as I thought ... here are screenshots for the message and system info.IMG_20200511_113924.jpgIMG_20200508_092528.jpgIMG_20200508_092435.jpg

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@eznoh wrote:

It wasn't happening as often as I thought ... here are screenshots for the message and system info.IMG_20200511_113924.jpgIMG_20200508_092528.jpgIMG_20200508_092435.jpg

Hi,

Not coming through, are these traditional JPeg images?

Satch

Highlighted
Participant

You might need to sign in. I just looked my post and the images were not displayed, signed in and they showed up.

Mike

Highlighted
Newcomer

I get the same message. I select update and my resolution changes to 1080P.  I verify this by checking my TV display options. It is indeed 1080p.  And it's noticeable. Normally in settings I only have up to 1080i. 
But this message doesn't appear every time. 
Also, Sometimes when the full guide isn't working I get  an options to select the mini quick guide for settings. This guide gives me options for 1080p 1080i and 720 p. But I get only access to this guide when the standard full guide is unavailable for whatever reason.  
Why is 1080p only available in these two options, that are not regularly available?

Thanks 

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Does this box do this if connected to another TV> If you have multiple boxes do you see this happen on other boxes?

Has the cable box been powercycled recently to rule that out? 

Julia