Highlighted
Observer

Tuning adapter now says it only supports 2 tuners/channels?

I'm not sure which tuning adapter I have at this point, but all of a sudden this week I am getting a new error message.  (and constantly blinking lights) The tuning adapter is saying that it only supports 2 channels. I assume that means tuners, which is a problem because my TiVo has 4 tuners. Do I need to get a new tuning adapter (hardware issue)? Also, if anyone knows the direct line for CableCard and tuning adapter support, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper

Re: Tuning adapter now says it only supports 2 tuners/channels?

There are only two tuner adapter models that I'm aware of...the Motorola MTR700 and the Cisco STA1520.  They are both supposed to support up to 6 tuners with the latest firmware.  I found this chart for the Cisco model:

Tuner Adapter Blinking Lights.jpg

Not sure if it still works, but the cablecard direct line for TWC was 866-532-2598. I've seen reports recently that it may just filter into the main customer service queue though.

Highlighted
Observer

Re: Tuning adapter now says it only supports 2 tuners/channels?

Thanks Reds!

@reds91185 wrote:

There are only two tuner adapter models that I'm aware of...the Motorola MTR700 and the Cisco STA1520.  They are both supposed to support up to 6 tuners with the latest firmware.  I found this chart for the Cisco model:

Not sure if it still works, but the cablecard direct line for TWC was 866-532-2598. I've seen reports recently that it may just filter into the main customer service queue though.

@reds91185 wrote:

Apparently the blinks indicate I am in "Service Disconnect (brick)" mode. What does that mean? I wonder if they thought I stopped using the TiVo since I got a Spectrum set-top box.... but that's not the case. (Yet) Boo.