Highlighted
Not applicable

TV Guide displays "Not Available"

I live in the 78596 area code and have a second box, Spectrum 101-T. I use the remote to turn the box and tv ON and that comes up quickly. I have set the system to start on channel 5. Within seconds I can see what is playing. 

I press the guide button and the guide displays but most of the channels show "Not Available". I cannot use the remote arrows and channel buttons to move off channel 5 but if I use the numeric keys, it will change to the channel entered.

If I leave it alone for a number of minutes, eventually the guide and keys will work properly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Not applicable

Pwr Icon indicates ON, Date displayed, HDMI connected to TV but no display.

I am in the 78596 area code and have had my Scientific Atlanta box for several years. We were switched over to Spectrum in the last 6 months. I use the remote many times daily for many functions but once a week, as I use the remote to power the box ON, the On icon displays but I cannot get anything to display on the TV nor can I use the remote to change from one channel to another. The box displays the date and the ON icon. I can only power it off and on.

I pull the power plug out, count to 10 and plug it back in. After a 10-15 minute reboot, the system works fine.

Always wonder if it something I did or did not do the previous evening that is causing this??

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: TV Guide displays "Not Available"

@139VC wrote:

I live in the 78596 area code and have a second box, Spectrum 101-T. I use the remote to turn the box and tv ON and that comes up quickly. I have set the system to start on channel 5. Within seconds I can see what is playing. 

I press the guide button and the guide displays but most of the channels show "Not Available". I cannot use the remote arrows and channel buttons to move off channel 5 but if I use the numeric keys, it will change to the channel entered.

If I leave it alone for a number of minutes, eventually the guide and keys will work properly.

Try a cold reboot of the box,

• Power off the box
  • Unplug box for five minutes
  • Plug the box back into the wall or sugre protector.
  • Allow the box to reboot.

See if setting the box to turn on to the last channel causes a quicker remote response time. If these processes do not work, a service call may be needed. 

Satch