Highlighted
Participant

Spectrum sends me an ancient two tuner DVR in self install kit in the mail

I subscribed to a triple play bundle with Spectrum TV and choose to have them mail me equipment in the mail. I was issued a Cisco 8742HDC and a Motorola DCX3200HD. I am disapointed being given a two tunner DVR in 2019 since I am always getting the conflict resolution message since a lot of programs run at the same time slot. In addition I thought Spectrum was only handing out world boxes to new TV subscribers. Did Spectrum temporarily stopped handing them out? Spectrum really should stop issuing two tuner DVR boxes since they do not have enough tuners for the average DVR user due to networks running programs at the same time frame.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Browser

Re: Spectrum sends me an ancient two tuner DVR in self install kit in the mail

they set me up with a dual tuner DVR box last june. i called up and complained to them about recording conflicts and storage issues since i think your model only has a 500 GB HDD. they cam out and replaced a box that was going as well as upgrade the DVR box. the tech that came out told me that he didn't had a 6 tuner box on his truck. so i told him if i didn't get a six tuner model that he could take all of there stuff out of my house and i would cancel on the spot. he ran down to his truck and magicly one appeard LOL. though since your a new subscriber your under spectrum coding and not the old TWC coding like i am so that might make a difference to. you could not give me a world box with all of it's flaws and poor design!!! been there done that i'll keep my six tuner box till it croaks. you could not give me another world box with all of it's flaws and poor design!!!

cisco 9865

arris DX3600-M 

are the 6 tuner models

good luck

BTW have you tried hitting up your local spectrum store for a six tuner box??? i brought a world box in and told em it was a disaster and i wanted a six tuner box and got one!!!

Highlighted
Participant

@krel_2018 wrote:

they set me up with a dual tuner DVR box last june. i called up and complained to them about recording conflicts and storage issues since i think your model only has a 500 GB HDD. they cam out and replaced a box that was going as well as upgrade the DVR box. the tech that came out told me that he didn't had a 6 tuner box on his truck. so i told him if i didn't get a six tuner model that he could take all of there stuff out of my house and i would cancel on the spot. he ran down to his truck and magicly one appeard LOL. though since your a new subscriber your under spectrum coding and not the old TWC coding like i am so that might make a difference to. you could not give me a world box with all of it's flaws and poor design!!! been there done that i'll keep my six tuner box till it croaks. you could not give me another world box with all of it's flaws and poor design!!!

cisco 9865

arris DX3600-M 

are the 6 tuner models

good luck

BTW have you tried hitting up your local spectrum store for a six tuner box??? i brought a world box in and told em it was a disaster and i wanted a six tuner box and got one!!!

Thanks for the response. I will wait for the box to die since I do not want to pay for a Lyft ride for a round trip to a Spectrum store and back to my apartment when the ancient set top box is working. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Been an internet customer for 7 yrs. and just recently switched to their cable package and was shocked that any provider still offered a 2-tuner model.  I knew this when accepting the order and am hoping for equipment to change in the near future.  Yep, i'm another customer holding my breath.  Way behind times we are.

Highlighted
Browser

haha geezer. i came from dish and there dvr can do 16 shows at once. but i couldn't swallow the cost of the programming and they do nothing to retain customers also!!! i got a dual tuner box i was floored LMAO

Highlighted
Browser

hey toolman if you don't mind me asking!!! are you in texas??? the reason i ask is because i spoke to a rep today over the phone and she told me she was in texas. and that there only giving out the world boxes... she had a 6 tuner box before but then she cancelled service and brought the box in!!! and the she re signed up again for service and what do you know she told me that there only giving out the world boxes in texas and she can't get a 6 tuner box no more!!! though i wonder if it's an employee thing and spectrum wants her friends to see the latest and greastest they have to offer??? i hate the world box myself and i would love to meet the moron that designed it!!! as one of the biggies is there's no fan inside of it to cool it!!! i had one burn up on me when my A/C crapped out!!! HDD'S do run pretty hot so don't SSD'S

Highlighted
Participant

@krel_2018 wrote:

hey toolman if you don't mind me asking!!! are you in texas??? the reason i ask is because i spoke to a rep today over the phone and she told me she was in texas. and that there only giving out the world boxes... she had a 6 tuner box before but then she cancelled service and brought the box in!!! and the she re signed up again for service and what do you know she told me that there only giving out the world boxes in texas and she can't get a 6 tuner box no more!!! though i wonder if it's an employee thing and spectrum wants her friends to see the latest and greastest they have to offer??? i hate the world box myself and i would love to meet the moron that designed it!!! as one of the biggies is there's no fan inside of it to cool it!!! i had one burn up on me when my A/C crapped out!!! HDD'S do run pretty hot so don't SSD'S

I am in Cincinnati Ohio.

Highlighted
Browser

who was it before they all merged into spectrum??? the reason i ask is because i don't think that charter had the enhanced 6 tuner DVR like TWC had i could be wrong on that to... 

Highlighted
Participant

@krel_2018 wrote:

who was it before they all merged into spectrum??? the reason i ask is because i don't think that charter had the enhanced 6 tuner DVR like TWC had i could be wrong on that to... 

I am in a legacy Time Warner Cable market in Cincinnati Ohio. 

Highlighted
Browser

i asked as i was thinking that you could have went to the store and got an old 6 tuner box. but as you said you didn't want to pay for a lyft ride and i don't blame you!!! but you never know what there gonna send you from the warehouse!!!