Highlighted
Contributor

STB-3802 error code

Why is it that if I'm not using the cable box for a few days that when I turn it on, I get the 3802 message and have to reset the box and then actually unplug it and plug it back in because the box wants to continually reboot when the reset button is used. 

For the 3802 message, this is how it came up.  The box was last on 230 when it was turned off. The box wasn't used from Thursday morning to Sunday afternoon. I turned on the box and switched to channel 5. I then tried to switch back to 230 when I got this error code. All other channels appeared to work without issues. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

Re: STB-3802 error code

Just making sure that your set-top box is plugged in and powered continuously, not unplugged or used with a switched outlet.  Most TV displays and the box can be turned on and off together using the Spectrum remote control unit.  If the set-top box is not powered, it has to completely reload its firmware each time, which can take up to 15 minutes before you get to watch your selected programming. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Cable box is continuously powered. 

So far today this error code has come up FOUR TIMES.  While I've been tuned to CBS for the afternoon, I've tried switching back and forth between CBS and discovery life channel. It's worked just fine, but now it doesn't work simply because I've been watching CBS for two hours. 

Really frustrated with the continuing service issues I've had since starting service. 

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@cb_2367 wrote:

Cable box is continuously powered. 

So far today this error code has come up FOUR TIMES.  While I've been tuned to CBS for the afternoon, I've tried switching back and forth between CBS and discovery life channel. It's worked just fine, but now it doesn't work simply because I've been watching CBS for two hours. 

Really frustrated with the continuing service issues I've had since starting service. 

Hello,

What model box is this?  Call Spectrum and at the Voice Mail Prompt say, "Refresh My Box." The process should begin within five minutes of the request, allow for about an average of 5-10 minutes to complete.

Satch

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Good morning.

I would suggest contacting support directly. It sounds like an appointment 

is needed.

You can reach our Social Media Customer Service team 24 hours a day.

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,

Julia

Social Media Customer Service-Lead Moderator

Highlighted
Contributor

I have the 210 box (same box from start of service). I think I'm now convinced that this box simply isn't tolerant of any signal variations. 

Whenever the box isn't used for a few days, I have issues with not being able to access certain channels. I'll be able to test this theory again at the end of November (if I still keep the same box). It would be wonderful to try a Cisco box that has previously been recommended except that they apparently don't work in my area. 

I've had techs come out before, and each time the signal levels have been fine. I'm hesitant to schedule another tech appointment because I don't want to have extra charges on my bill. I was charged on my last bill for a service call. 

While there are plenty of Spectrum stores in my area, there's no way to find out what boxes each store may have without actually going to them.  There's no way to guarantee getting a certain box if I have a tech come out. I don't know what else I can do at this point. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Getting this again, and this time it has nothing to do with how long the box has been off. I'm tired of dealing with this issue, and I am not understanding why the techs keep telling me that there's nothing wrong when clearly there is. I should be able to switch back and forth between channels as often as I want without getting this channel unavailable message. Additionally, I should not have to restart the box multiple times to get the channel back.