Highlighted
Not applicable

RC122 Remote will not operate Vizio Sound Bar model: SB2920-C6

I followed the directions  http://www.timewarnercable.com/content/twc/en/support/program-your-remote/RC122.html

with tech on the phone.

Also did the 991 scan option 4 times.

No luck.

Called Vizio tech support, they reffered back to Time Warner Cable.

Called Philips tect support, they said they have been having problems since 2012 with adding audio devices to the AUX button.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Expert

Re: RC122 Remote will not operate Vizio Sound Bar model: SB2920-C6

Program the aux button to be a second tv and use one of the vizio tv codes...

Highlighted
Not applicable

Does this actually work, anyone have success with this?

Highlighted
Not applicable

AUX button does not accept the TV codes when entered.

Next?

Highlighted
Not applicable

Although the  URSU-8780L-TWC remote is not listed as able to work with the VIZIO sound bar, it actually does.  The code is 134 for the AUX button.

Highlighted
Expert

You use the 9xx codes to change the aux button to become a 2nd tv button

It then accepts tv codes

Highlighted
Not applicable

Do you happen to know which TV code will work for Vizio sound bar model SB2920-C6?

Highlighted
Not applicable

TWC tech is coming tomorrow to swap out the cable box and remote, which will supposedly resolve two issues:

1.  The RC122 remote not working to control Vizio sound bar

and

2.  Resolve the issue with "Closed Captioning on with mute" option, which has also not been working.

Highlighted
Expert

Rookie
ariurban

Re: Vizio Soundbar worked on my Aux button on older TWC remote control. ALL newer Remotes do not wor

Thank you FergDog and MsRaye for your posts, and now I am able to use the RC122 remote with my Samsung TV and Vizio Soundbar.

After reviewing MsRaye's posts on this topic, I ended up returning the previous remote, and getting the RC122 remote (has Video Source button which I need), again from the same TWC store I visited for the last 3 days LOL.

I followed FergDog and MsRaye's posts on using the TV code (for Vizio), then copying the code using 992 to the AUX button. Then re-programming the TV code back to my Samsung TV.

Then in the remote manual, making the AUX button control the volume (which also wakes up the Vizio soundbar, no need to press PWR button (which does not work anyway), the Vizio Soundbar goes to "sleep" anyways  after an hour or so of none use anyways).

This was done by pressing SEL button + CBL button, waiting for the blinks. Then pressing 993 waiting for the CBL button to blink twice, then press AUX button to establish this as the volume which should blink 3 times.

Thank you everyone for your helpful advice.

Highlighted
Newcomer

Just curious which Vizio TV code worked for your soundbar? 

I'm trying to do the same thing w/ the same TWC remote, but none of the 4 digit Vizio TV codes worked on my soundbar (SB4020M-A0). 

Thanks for any input.  It is all appreciated.