Highlighted
Not applicable

On Demand Causes Remote to Stop Working

So we just got a replacement Cisco DVR and every time we watch On Demand the remote stops working. I can’t pause or stop the show. And I can’t switch to anything else. The volume still works. And I can turn the tv off and on. I always have to unplug the box and reboot it.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: On Demand Causes Remote to Stop Working

@CJ808 wrote:
So we just got a replacement Cisco DVR and every time we watch On Demand the remote stops working. I can’t pause or stop the show. And I can’t switch to anything else. The volume still works. And I can turn the tv off and on. I always have to unplug the box and reboot it.

Hello CJ,

The first thing we look at regarding any On Demand issues is a signal or line problem.  If ALL VOD functionality is gone after tuning to any VOD, you have a signal or drop line problem, and will need to contact Spectrum for a signal and drop line test.  Specify this on the Work Order when you set up the service call.

Avoid resetting any boxes, modems, or routers for at least six hours prior to your service call.  And in your case, don't tune to VOD channels. Reboots will reset the signal error codes back to zero and if the error codes are on zero due to equipment resets, the tech won't see a signal problem when there could be a signal problem.

Also, the fact that you can reproduce the issue by going to VOD all the time, is further evidence of a signal problem with VOD.  Box swaps will never solve signal problems.  If your signals are good including your drop line, and there are no splitters on your connection, which should be removed if they are, than, and only than, might this be a box issue.  Set up your service call without rebooting anything for six hours.

Post back when tech leaves.

Satch