Highlighted
Newcomer

New Firmware

Hi all,

New to this fourm. I noticed there a new firmware being on hold in the Arris DCX3510M under box diagnostic thru Extended Diags and look for Host Diagnostics d18 and you will see Software Code Versions.

My version running is 9.0.0.7 and the newer one on hold in there is 9.0.1.2. Anyone noticed that?  I wondering when they be activating that new verson? Thanks

Will

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: New Firmware

@oh_co_Fn59 wrote:

Hi all,

New to this fourm. I noticed there a new firmware being on hold in the Arris DCX3510M under box diagnostic thru Extended Diags and look for Host Diagnostics d18 and you will see Software Code Versions.

My version running is 9.0.0.7 and the newer one on hold in there is 9.0.1.2. Anyone noticed that?  I wondering when they be activating that new verson? Thanks

Will

Hi Will,

For any firmware updates, if they go out more than two decimal places, it is most likely small bug fixes, not new features.  (Moving from ODN 9.00.7 to ODN 9.0.12.)

If the second decimal place is changed.  Like if they do a ODN 9.0.12 to 9.5, you can expect some major bug fixes and maybe a few new features.

If the first number changes, say frm 0DN 9.0 to ODN 10.0  that is a totally new version of the software with major changes, several bug fixes, and several new features.

Satch

Highlighted
Newcomer

Hey Satch,

Thanks for that info. I was wondering when they will be activating the boxes into the system. I seen the in the sprectrum account page that there is no green check marks yet for the tv boxes yet.

Will

Proven Sharer

When you see a newer firmware rev listed for an existing box model, but without a green checkmark, it usually means an operational flaw surfaced during Spectrum's evaluation or pilot rollout.  Sometimes it has to do only with the Guide, others may be changes in the way certain features operate that viewers expect to be the same as before.