Highlighted
Observer

Former TiVo user testing out Spectrum201-H DVR - How to switch between tuners?

I have been using various TiVo devices for the better part of the last two decades but have been thinking about switching back to a Spectrum-provided DVR.  I have the Humax Spectrum201-H unit and am trying to find some functionality similar to what I have been used to with TiVo.

Like the 201-H, my TiVo device had 4 tuners to record 4 shows at once. Even when not recording, I would be able to have 4 different channels set on each tuner and could go back 30 minutes on each one. TiVo allowed me to both toggle through these 4 channels by hitting the "Live TV" button multiple times, as well as displaying what what on each tuner when hitting another button. (right arrow on Roamio)

I have done some cursory tests on my 201-H DVR and see that this functionality appears to be working for the last 3 channels that I have watched BUT I cannot find a way to tell me what those channels are since I'm only going by my own memory and typing in the actual channel number to check it. Is there a better way to access this? It seems like the functionality is there but I still haven't found an easy way to access that info.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Helper

Re: Former TiVo user testing out Spectrum201-H DVR - How to switch between tuners?

I haven't used Spectrum receivers in a few years so I'm not sure about the tuner issue, but a little off topic as I'm just curious...why did you switch from the TiVo to a Spectrum DVR?

Highlighted
Browser

Re: Former TiVo user testing out Spectrum201-H DVR - How to switch between tuners?

yea why did you switch from tivo to a spectrum box??? the tivo's are better than anything spectrum offers out??? just wait if there's something like an outage and that 210 box starts telling you that your not subscribed to channels that you know that your paying for..

Highlighted
Observer

I have a Roamiothat is a few years old at this point. Recently they have started to include advertisements for very low quality streaming channels within the guide listings. The listings themselves have been annoying for some time now as they have no longer used a third party service like tribune to provide them... just written very awkwardly and not always correct.

Highlighted
Browser

one of the reasons i switched from spectrum is the equipment!!! spectrum has some of the most antique equipment i have ever seen!!! I also had to purchase a tivo unit for spectrum to have a decent DVR. i think spectrum can learn alot from tivo!!! the DVR they set me up with was a terrible dual tuner DVR with a 500 GB HDD thats more than likely been rented out for 10 years along with the 6 tuner boxes they gave me... i would also rather be grandfathered into directv's zero dvr fee and zero 1st box fee than a tivo lifetime sub. tivo your SOL on a lifetime sub if your tivo croaks!!!