Highlighted
Newcomer

DVR box and spectrum apps

So... my DVR box acted up yet again.. (like it does at least once a month no matter how much reboots and switch outs I make). showed that it was recording my show... went to the list... shows today’s date, but doesn’t show my episode.
“My TWC” app shows both my cable boxes as disconnected but apparently they work if I can still watch tv and record a show... customer service rep says they having issues with app so it doesn’t match “real time” status... rep also said that after reboot it should work fine (which it does)... however, because of the technical issues experienced, my previous show was NOT recorded.
My “Spectrum TV” app shows I have no recordings previously recorded OR none scheduled, even though my box shows complete opposite.
There’s so much problems with the boxes, yet they want everyone to pay and go digital.
If this is such a common issue, there should be some way to save our previously recorded shows (prior to the issue) so anytime we need to switch out our boxes, we don’t lose our shows.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR box and spectrum apps

Greetings,

A freezing DVR or pixilated picture is almost always a signal issue or drop-line issue and never a box issue.  Customers, if you have had more than two box swaps within say six months and the issue persists, the problem is not the box. 

You need to contact Spectrum for a signal and drop line test.  They should check your drop line, main tap, and inside and outside wiring.  Box swaps will not fix this.  Get your signals and drop lines tested.

To prepare for this test, avoid resetting any boxes, modems, or routers for six hours prior to your service call.  Equipment resets put the error codes back to zero, and the tech needs to see the error codes.  When the tech comes out, tune to a station that pixilates the most and say to him "I have already had four boxes." And the problem keeps coming back.  You need your signals and lines checked.  The problems could be splitters, animal chews, a corroded tap.  It may not even be in your drop line, it may be further down your node.  It may be old wiring in the home that needs to be updated.

You can also call Spectrum and request signal monitoring on your equipment.  I would recommend this for 60 days.  Ask the tech for the case number and have him escalate this issue.  Request that a note be made on your account for signal monitoring for 60 days.

Satch

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR box and spectrum apps

A separate post for a separate issue, (To answer the OP's inquiry.)

Lots of problems with the Spectrum apps have been reported nationwide.  Hopefully, this improves within the next week or close to that.  DVR boxes require a 48 hour wait period to be used with apps to sync to them on new installs.  Subscribers with Spectrum Voice, may need to allow up to 24 hours for Caller ID to show on TV.

Satch