Highlighted
Spectator

Can't set "power on" channel on new box

I have a TV in my bedroom that was hooked directly into the cable until the digital conversion went live last week.

I went to Spectrum and picked up a box for that TV. It's not the same box as the one in my living room but has the same remote. The new one is a Cisco box but I do not have the specific model number right at the moment, I will have to get it later if needed.

Anyway- at power-up it displays the channel talking about the digital conversion. I looked up how to change the power-on channel, but when I view the settings on this box it does not have any of the options described in the instructions right on Spectrum's own website.  Example, I've seen two different sets of instructions- one says to go to settings and find "display." another says to press menu and go to settings & support. I do not have a "display" option in either settings menu (I did find you get two different menus by pressing settings once, or twice), I can only change what displays on the front of the box when it's on or off. And when I press "menu" it just brings up the channel guide.

Can anyone help me with this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Spectator

Re: Can't set "power on" channel on new box

Sorry I guess I forgot to include, I am in Clarksburg WV 26301.

I checked the settings on my other box (which as I said, appears to be a different model) and it has the same menu as the one I just got. Prior to the digital changeover it would hold the last channel it had been on when it was turned off, now it's going directly to that stupid digital conversion channel too. Ugh!

No other issues with anything else, just can't figure out how to fix this particular problem.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Can't set "power on" channel on new box

@ghunt81,

We apologize for any poor experience.   The power on channel will be the informational

channel for the digital conversion during this transition period.  This has been 

done so that our customers will be aware of the situation. 

Our apologies for the frustration this is causing.