Helper

Re: Access Denied Message When Viewing Topic and Logging in

I have seen this message pop up twice in the past week or so. For me, clicking on the back button in the browser and re-posting cleared it. 

Trusted Helper

@reds91185 wrote:

I have seen this message pop up twice in the past week or so. For me, clicking on the back button in the browser and re-posting cleared it. 

Sup Reds?

For me, if I click the Back button and than resign in, it goes to My Account Page.  Clearing of History and Cache did nothing.  James did mention something about a new page design forthcoming.

There's probably some old code that needs updating at that part of our Community Forums.

Satch

Community Manager

I tried replicating the issue, and I did find that with some links on the Home page, when I right click and try to open them in a new window, I get an error message.  It also seems to sign me out and I need to refresh the page or select "Welcome to the Forums".   I'll let Lithium know about the errors, please let me know if there are any other errors you find. 

Forums error.jpg

Trusted Helper

@James_M wrote:

I tried replicating the issue, and I did find that with some links on the Home page, when I right click and try to open them in a new window, I get an error message.  It also seems to sign me out and I need to refresh the page or select "Welcome to the Forums".   I'll let Lithium know about the errors, please let me know if there are any other errors you find. 

Forums error.jpg

Thanks James!

The only big error is the delay in logging out with the Server Timed Out error, but that's in another topic.

The only other thing is that if I copy a URL from a Spectrum Site like something about any Spectrum service to help a customer by referring a link to him/her on this forum, it can take forever and a day for that URL to load when it is brought to our community forum.

Last night or early this morning, a customer asked a question on how to search in the new Spectrum Guide, and I provided a link from Spectrum's website over to this forum to help them.  I added a note that the site may take a while to load, and it does!  You get to the page eventually, but it is a long wait.

Satch

Community Manager

Thanks!  We recently updated virus scanning, so my guess is that it could be contributing to the delay.  I am seeing extended lag times with other features too.  I have regular calls with Lithium, so I'll make sure they are aware.  

ant
Established Sharer

I also saw this problem in my Mozilla's SeaMonkey v2.49.4 web browser. It's quite annoying. Smiley Sad

Trusted Helper

A Possible Solution For the Log Out Problems!

Update!

A user PM'ed me and wanted me to share what he thinks is A SOLUTION to the login log out problems! @James_M  @Julia_R   Please send this attached photo to the development team.  He explains it beautifully!

Satch

TWC-Spectrum Forum Sign Out Bug.JPG

Lead Moderator

Re: A Possible Solution For the Log Out Problems!

Thank you!

We appreciate letting know.  Hope you all are having a good day!

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Established Sharer

Not that I'm trying to be a kill-joy, Satch, but the .co/.com problem was pointed out to Spectrum quite a while ago, and they promptly ignored it.  I'd like to think that "the second or third time around might be the charm", but then my cynical nature kicks in again.

Lead Moderator

Good morning @RickE 

This issue was not ignored, this was submitted to the group that handles the forums.

We obviously will resubmit the issue to them for further research.

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums