Rookie

Spectrum tv app for ipad

Suddenly, my app shows a number of channels as grayed out and will not let me view information or view them on my ipad. Tv works fine and SOME. channels accessible on my iPad. Yesterday, all worked but not today. App shows i am connected to my home network. What has suddenly changed?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Browser

Re: Spectrum tv app for ipad

After YEARS of being able to watch local programming on my IPad, AT HOME, the Spectrum app suddenly has not a clue that I’m connected through their service. After connecting to @Ask_Spectrum, they seem to believe I’m connected through another service. This is very unfortunate. 

I’ve been a customer of TWC, since 1978, and now Spectrum. They have no solution for this SUDDEN (yesterday to today) loss of service. I guess it’s just tough luck. The fact that they have no idea as to why this JUST happened, speaks volumes of their service. Time for a change?

Lead Moderator

@Stevephoto  @NYRod

I would encourage you to first powercycle your modem then your router. If you are using a cable box I would ask that you also reboot that with a powercycle.  If you are still experiencing this please login to Spectrum.net and do a password change. Wait 15 or so minutes and then log back into  watch.spectrum.net/or the App. 

If you are still having the problem please contact support directly for further troubleshooting. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

No joy produced by recycling the modem/router. I did not expect it to make any difference as SOME tv channels were accessible on my ipad. Could the fact that my internet is with earthlink (though paid through spectrum and with no problems until yesterday)  be involved?

Rookie

Experiencing the same thing here as well and the same scenario right down to Earthlink cable.

Rookie

Told on sunday that issue was known and should be resolved in 24 hours. No. 48 hours later, told ticket had been submittd and others were working to resolve this. Apparently, spectrum staff changed something so that earthlink ip addresses were put on an exclude list (or not in the vista nclude list) and they had to be resolved one by one.  That is pretty poor and suggests a strategy rather rhan a mistake. System mistakes should be fixable with system solutions and should not take 5 or more days to resolve.

Spectator

Same issue at my house..... Earthlink too!  Got canned responses from calling customer service on 12/7 and 12/11. Spent over an hour on the Facebook Messanger with a CSR and told they were going to open a ticket with the applications people. Wondering why they didn't do that 5 days ago...... 

Browser

I was told that they were aware of the problem and that a fix was going to happen Tuesday or a Wednesday.  Hasn’t happened, yet.  Seems that others are talking about this being a problem related to EarthLink switching over to Windstream.  During my Speedtest, I now notice it has my internet service as Windstream.  Since that time, the app isn’t recognizing my in-home connection instructing me to connect to Spectrum,.  Very frustrating.

Browser

After contacting support and a few hiccups, they were able to resolve the issue.  They are aware of the problem and do have a fix.

Spectator

@NYRod wrote:

After contacting support and a few hiccups, they were able to resolve the issue.  They are aware of the problem and do have a fix.

NYRod - Thanks for the information! It was more than I was getting from tech support. I am now back up and running accross all platforms.