Highlighted
Rookie

Spectrum TV on iOS issues and error IOD-9000

So, the plot thickens. 

After experiencing terminal issues with the Spectrum TV app for Roku after months of functioning just fine, I thought I’d resort to watching VOD from my iOS devices. 

But, they don’t work either!

So I’ll openly speculate that it’s highly improbable that both the iPhone and iPad Spectrum TV apps are broken (along with the Spectrum TV Roku app), and more likely this is yet another issue that resides deep inside Spectrum’s own streaming infrastructure. 

Here’s a screencap from my iPad. I have a similar screencap from my iPhone showing the exact same error, IOD-9000.

And I’ve rebooted both my Spectrum-provided Arris cable modem and Wave 2 WiFi router. 

7C569AAA-B6B1-4956-A128-653FD0BCD45D.png

19 REPLIES 19
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum TV on iOS issues and error IOD-9000

IOD-9000 is a general authentication error.   Since restarting the modem did not resolve the issue, please try resetting the password.  This will force the system to update and usually resolves most authentication issues.  

If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance and troubleshooting.

Please contact us at: 

Rookie

Thanks James.

I’ll do this later this evening and reply back with results. Any chance this might help similar issues on Roku?

Thanks!
Community Manager

Yes, it should.  Sometimes it is also an entitlement issue where your account profile "forgets" the TV credentials.  The password change will usually fix it, otherwise, contact us directly and technical repair can your profile working again.  

Newcomer

Nothing works. For 4 days, IOD 9000 keeps coming up, and I still can not watch on demand! What am I paying for if I can’t watch any programs!

Lead Moderator

IOD-9000 is a general authentication error.   Since restarting the modem did not resolve the issue, please try resetting the password.  This will force the system to update and usually resolves most authentication issues.  

If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance and troubleshooting.

Please contact us at: 

Newcomer

I have the same issue: Live streaming works fine, but VOD will generate IOD-9000 error.  I have power cycled the modem and the router but that did not resolved my issue.  However, the issue goes away if I switch my cell phone over to my Verizon cell service, then I can watch the VOD--this tells me that it is not an authentication issue.

Not applicable

Same issue here. Don’t bother calling cs; they don’t know how to fix issue either.
Newcomer

I’m having the exact same issue. Called support days ago and was told it was an issue on your end that was being worked on. It is still happening—an error message while trying to watch on demand on laptop or phone. How do we get a discount for weeks worth of incomplete Spectrum service? Don’t want to pay full price for half service.
Rookie

I have been having the same issue - tried all the suggestions and then also deleted and reinstalled app, restarted modem, restarted iPad, etc. etc. - same error message all week. Obviously this is an issue for several customers - I’ve been using app with no problems then suddenly this issue started. Update indicated it was to fix issues but did not. If can’t watch on demand the service is useless to me. Anyone have luck resolving this?