Highlighted
Newcomer

Spectrum TV IOS App, DVR Manager Unavailable ICM-1008. Arris DVR

Hello, we just had new service put in a week or so ago. The Spectrum TV App shows the reciever but the DVR manager is grayed out. I am on the second box. Both said no registered recievers. Is this a known proble? Is there a different reciever that works?

I just switched fromm ATT and there app is about the same except the DVR worked.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Trusted Helper

Re: Spectrum TV IOS App, DVR Manager Unavailable ICM-1008. Arris DVR

@CPSSCorp wrote:

Hello, we just had new service put in a week or so ago. The Spectrum TV App shows the reciever but the DVR manager is grayed out. I am on the second box. Both said no registered recievers. Is this a known proble? Is there a different reciever that works?

I just switched fromm ATT and there app is about the same except the DVR worked.

Thanks

It depends on the guide and box you have:

The New Spectrum Guide, on the World Boxes (No Front Clock) does not support remote DVR programing at this time, or Caller ID on TV for Spectrum Digital Phone subs.  Both are being worked on, but there have been tickets on this issue since October.

It's not a broken feature, it's just a not ready feature.  The Spectrum Guide is new and Spectrum is working on getting the bugs out first.  It's gotten better.  I am hoping that within the next few months those services will be ready.

The new Guide looks like this:

Spectrum Guide.JPG

If you want remote DVR functionality and if you have Spectrum Phone Voice Services, you will have to get a box with a clock. for Remote DVR and Caller ID on TV.  The boxes with clocks that do DVR service are two-tuners and six tuners.  The World Boxes have only four tuners, but all have the same amount of storage 1TB.  The best boxes are the six tuner boxes with clocks, that can do Remote DVR Programing within 48-72 hours after they are installed, (Also Caller ID on TV for Digital Phone Subs, within 24 hours after install.)  They don't have the new Spectrum Guide, but they do have the more reliable ODN-Navigator Guide, that looks like this:

Navigator.jpg

My Recommendations:

1.) Visit a Spectrum Store and see if they have a box with a clock.  The six-tuner DVR's are the best.  These are the Arris-3600-M and Cisco/Technicolor 9865.  They will do remote DVR programing within 48-72 hours after the install.

2.) Some of the World Boxes run Navigator and SHOULD offer Remote DVR functionality.  The problem is that they are going to be the first to be converted to Spectrum Guide.  And it's not known if Remote DVR Manager will be out by than,

3.) If the store is not giving out clock boxes anymore, call Spectrum and request that you need a box with a clock so that Remote DVR Manager will be on it.  They can have a tech come out or maybe send a box to you with self-install.  The tech may have the older clock box on his truck.  You don't know what make and model you are going to get, but ask the CSR to put a "Clock Box" request on the Work order whether a tech visit or self install order.

I apologize that none of these steps are very encouraging.  You can wait for Remote services to come out for your World Box if that is what you have.  But sadly, it may be a long wait.  And you should not exchange a box with no problems, because you could get a box with problems.

Satch

Newcomer

Re: Spectrum TV IOS App, DVR Manager Unavailable ICM-1008. Arris DVR

The new reciever fixed it, it works great!!

One more question related to the app.

If our Spectrum Modem/WIFI Router combo unit is replaced with a spectrum modem and we use our own WIFI router, will it break the app?

How does the TV app know we are on our home wifi so that it enables the app functions?

Thank you