Spectator

TBS has black bars on side and is streched up

This just started and it only hapens on TBS. All other chanels fill the scren and look correct. TBS has black bars on the sides making it smaller and it is streched so the people are tall and skinny. I can't figure out how to fix it, and it is the only channel doing it. I am using a Roku Ultra and Spectrum streming service.

Any help?

7 REPLIES
Participant

Re: TBS has black bars on side and is streched up

Same issue here except I have bluebars on each side, like this is in 480P and not HD. This started on Friday 1/19/2019. I reported it via @Spectrum on Twitter and they want to send out a service tech? For what? This isn't a service issue. I'm in NE Ohio, Silver TV package. This happens on Roku, XBX1S, and the two cable boxes I have. What's the deal here?

TBS.PNG

Spectator

It started on 1-19-19 for me too and I am also in NE Ohio.

Lead Moderator

Good afternoon.

We can certainly have this reviewed. Are others seeing this issue as well? I see that the 2 of you are not on the same hub but are in the same market. I am not seeing other reports of this issue currently. @TheTekHeads  do you know when the issue started for you? 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Participant

1/19/2019

Up unitl that day TBS channel 33 has always been in HD. Reboot modem / router / Roku /Xbox1, reinstalling the app had no affect. It doesn't appear to be a programming issue as anything on TBS is displaying in 480p. There are no options or settings within the Spectrum TV app for those devices for screen resolution. If you want account information, let me know and I can send you a private message.

Thanks

Participant

2/9/2019

Issue is back again on all devices, XBOX1, Roku..

Spectator

Yes they fixed it once, but now it is messed up again.

come on Spectrum, what's up with this?

Participant

Correct, they fixed it once. It worked for a week, now its back. Again, I reach out to Spectrum support on Twitter, and what do they say, the usual crap. Reboot your modem / gateway / router, all devices (Roku / XBX1). Obviously this is not a local device issue, since rebooting all of these devices does not resolve the problem. 

I would assume if Spectrum fixed it the last time around,  they keep a work log of what was done to resolve the problem, or is it you just don't know? I can tell you this, WOW has been out here in Willowick for the last month running new lines, and there service pricing is far below what I am paying now..