Highlighted
Rookie

Spectrum TV App / Spectrum Choice - 60fps?

Hi All:

Thinking about switching to Spectrum TV Choice - does anyone know which channels the Spectrum TV App for Roku streams in 60 frames per second? I've torn the web apart and can't find a straight answer.

Interested primarily in football/NASCAR, so wondering about Fox, NBC, CBS, NBC Sports Network, FS1 and NFL Network - thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Spectrum TV App / Spectrum Choice - 60fps?

I found this:

Video quality was limited to 30 frames per second on every channel I tested, meaning you won’t get smooth motion for live sports, news, and talk shows. Oddly enough, some channels did support 60 frames per second when I tried Spectrum TV Choice last year, but they no longer do.

Don't know how true this is or isn't. Spectrum people?

Highlighted
Newcomer

Re: Spectrum TV App / Spectrum Choice - 60fps?

It would seem all of Spectrum TV content is only at 30 frames per second (fps) for both linear TV channels and On Demand provided within the service.

Other on-demand streaming services (besides Spectrum TV) can be either 30 or 60 fps, depending if the content was considered to be new for the most part.

Streaming at 60 fps would factor whether your device specs had enough processing and memory to play them.