Highlighted

Spectrum TV App Freezes And Reboots My Roku

For the past few days, the Spectrum TV App on my Roku (Express) has been freezing after starting up.

It goes through it's start up procedure just fine and displays the current channel information, but never goes past the black screen. It just freezes for a few moments then my Roku reboots. Before this started happening, it worked just fine.

All of the other Apps on my Roku work just fine, so it's not a connection problem and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating, and rebooting.

6 REPLIES 6
Lead Moderator

Re: Spectrum TV App Freezes And Reboots My Roku

Hi @MarioManX1983 

What generation is your Express? The older ones, and even some of the newer ones, can have some trouble if storage space is limited. Are you able to delete some of the channel you have and give that another try? 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Just tried deleting many of the apps I no longer/never use. Same problem.

Lead Moderator

To rule out connectivity, this is the most common issue with our app, are you able to post your modem logs and levels?

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

The other apps and my Roku itself are connecting just fine so I sereously doubt it's a connection problem but I still took a look at my Router logs and noticed these recuing errors.

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9

WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel *** (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INTERFERENCE

Update. I got it working again by lowering the security level on my router from max to medium. Don't like the fact I had to lower my security but at least it is working again.

Proven Sharer

The T3 Timeout error message means that your modem 'lost signal' on one or more of its assigned DS data channels for one to three seconds.  The modem does not reset itself when the loss of signal is brief, but internet data transfer does stop while the modem waits for all channel signals to return. 

By comparison, an incoming internet data channel outage lasting longer than three seconds generates a T4 Timeout error report.  It forces the modem to do a cold restart and reacquire each assigned DS channel; this can take several more seconds before data flow resumes.  When this happens your computer may alert you with a "Not Connected" or "No Internet" message.

We also see that your router is reporting interference on a selected WiFi channel.  This often causes router firewalls to imply a security threat.  On many router models you can "white list" your preferred streaming sites and still keep the general firewall protection level set fairly high for unknown sites.