Rookie

Re: Spectrum Support can't figur it out.

Spectrum Technical support took a week to figue out that Pause and Fast Forward were not part of live TV.  I tried an on-line DVR with cloud storage (PlayOn) but it was pretty contrived, was unreliable, and the playback quality was very poor.

Spectrum has yet to resolve my inability to record shows off the guide. I am starting to suspect that the error message saying that I am not subscribed to the channel I want to record is incorrect. It looks like you can only put something in the library if it is already in the On-Demand Library. I am able to put some shows in a series that are scheduled, but not others. Even though a show is on live TV I can't always add it to my library.

Helper

That is a limitation to cloud DVR. It's essentially nothing but On Demand with a convenient pointer system for short-cutting the menus. If On Demand doesn't have an episode or show available in it's library then the cloud DVR would have nothing to point to.

Rookie

Spectrum Tech support doesn't understand that. They are completely puzzled over why I get the error message that I am not subscribed. It is absolutely stupid that I can watch something live but can't put it in my library. Sprectrum Steaming TV is not ready for prime time from any standpoint. I will be dumping it shortly. Philo is the same price and does not suffer from this idiocy.