Rookie

Spectrum APP 5.1.0 Almost Nailed It

While the new spectrum app has a fresh new look it has its share of problems as well, the guide to be more specific 1. when you filter the guide the filter settings only last until you shut the app down and then it resets, in the previous versions once the filter setting is set it doesn’t change until you change it to something else.  2. when surfing through the guide there is now no way to get a brief description of the show or movie without selecting it first and then hitting the down button. After you read the description you have to go back to the guide to continue your search. I don’t know about you but this one is a real deal breaker for me, a description of the show or movie needs to be displayed on the left under the thumbnail while scrolling through the guide. 3. And lastly the whole spectrum app now has a fresh and translucent feel to it until you launch the guide which is then highly opaque, the opaquacy of the guide needs to be either user adjustable under settings or at the least be lightened up big time. It doesnt follow the look and feel of the rest of the app, you can’t even see the current show behind it which is still playing if you look close enough.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum APP 5.1.0 Almost Nailed It

Sorry for any poor experience.  We would like to forward your feedback to the app team.  What is your zip code and which model / generation Roku are you using?

Sharer

Haven't gotten it yet on the Stick+ models (3810). Still on June's 4.24 release, even after manually checking for updates.

Sounds like I may have "dodged a bullet" for now?

29501 zip, more or less 100mbps basic tier, though some neighborhoods are transitioning to 200mbps for basic tier. Typical sustained throughput for our neighborhood during peak usage times run in The 70-80mbps range with spikes to 100-120.
Rookie

My zip code is 12188 and the Roku im using is the Roku Ultra Thanks.

Community Manager

Thanks, we will pass along your feedback to the app team.  

Rookie

Tuesday Spectrum APP 5.1.0 Almost Nailed It Part 2

So if all the problems outlined in my previous post Spectrum APP 5.1.0 Almost Nailed It were not enough there's more. So the problem when your scrolling through the guide and not getting the description of the show or movie without selecting it and pressing the down arrow 2 times to get the description was not enough, I’ve found it also applies to Searches and On Demand as well. So imagine you looking through all the on demand choices trying to decide on a tv show or movie and there isn’t any descriptions, if you can believe it you have to start streaming it and then hit the down arrow 2 times to get a description and if you’re not satisfied in your choice go back to on demand and start your search again, it’s a joke. There is also yet another problem with the guide while scrolling through all the programming in the guide and the thumbnail from the tv show or movie displays on the left it will momentarily display a random tv show or movie cover before displaying the actual one. Hey Spectrum before rolling out the next butchered release of the app have someone beta test it to find all the bugs like me. And finally if you take the guide out of version 4 and put it in version 5 the app would be dam near perfect.

Rookie

Spectrum App 5.1.0 Almost Nailed It part 2

So if all the problems outlined in my previous post Spectrum APP 5.1.0 Almost Nailed It were not enough there's more. So the problem when your scrolling through the guide and not getting the description of the show or movie without selecting it and pressing the down arrow 2 times to get the description was not enough, I’ve found it also applies to Searches and On Demand as well. So imagine you looking through all the on demand choices trying to decide on a tv show or movie and there isn’t any descriptions, if you can believe it you have to start streaming it and then hit the down arrow 2 times to get a description and if you’re not satisfied in your choice go back to on demand and start your search again, it’s a joke. There is also yet another problem with the guide while scrolling through all the programming in the guide and the thumbnail from the tv show or movie displays on the left it will momentarily display a random tv show or movie cover before displaying the actual one. Hey Spectrum before rolling out the next butchered release of the app have someone beta test it to find all the bugs like me. And finally if you take the guide out of version 4 and put it in version 5 the app would be dam near perfect.