Observer

Re: Roku picture quality

Yes, happens all the time now, constant buffering & pixelization. only happens when using the Roku Spectrum app, using the apps provided by Fox, ESPN, NBC work perfectly. So it is not a network or Roku issue, its the Spectrum app itself on Roku. i now just use the apps by Fox, ESPN, NBC for sports.  Try using those/ adding them via the Roku website. Cheers. 

Seasoned Contributor

@Tonysal123 wrote:

So it is not a network or Roku issue, its the Spectrum app itself on Roku.

It is a network issue, but it's on their end. The servers/CDN they're streaming from are choking for whatever reason. You'd think a company that specializes in networks would get it right, but our bills aren't high enough for them to care.

Newcomer

I just came to look for some info/feedback on what other people are experiencing. Interesting that this has been going on for sometime. My WiFi is very strong with a mesh router system throughout my house. The ONLY app that struggles on both of my Roku devices is the Spectrum app. Please do something about this, Spectrum!!! I will have to "cord-cut" you a second time...
Rookie

Agree. I actually spent over $200 upgrading my router and buying the Roku Ultra to replace my existing box because Spectrum has told me that the issue was probably on my side. If anyone from Spectrum is monitoring this thread, it would be good for them to shoot straight and offer credits to us early adopters if their service which has performed so poorly to date.
Lead Moderator

@Dclaire 

I was able to locate your account using your registration information and see that the signal levels on your downstream are out of range on all but one channel as well as a number of T3 timeouts. This will cause problems with streaming of our Spectrum TV application. 

I encourage you to contact support directly to have an appointment scheduled to 

have a technician out to investigate this. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Julia,

Thank you for looking into this. Were you also able to see that a technician came out fairly recently and spent a good amount of time adjusting my signal levels - putting in a splitter to lower the signal levels, etc.?
Lead Moderator

Good morning @Dclaire .

I do see that we had a technician out recently (November). The signal levels are however out of range. 

I can not say if this was the case just after the visit or not. I can say that for the last 2 weeks

that they were/are. 

I am not able to diagnose your wireless connection, we are not providing that service for you from our equipment. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums