Spectator

Roku Spectrum App Issues

Recently I've been having major issues with our Roku and the Spectrum App. Netflix, Amazon, and Goolge Play all work fine. Spectrum keeps erroring out with RLP-1999 and RLP-999.
11 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Roku Spectrum App Issues

Errors like that are normally connectivity issues. 

I encourage you to post your modem logs and some information about 

what speeds you are seeing.

Are you hardwired with your Roku or are you using that wireless? If you 

are using wireless do you have the same issue when hardwired? Do you have

problems with the app on other devices as well or just the Roku? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I also have had this problem recently. It worked fine while playing a movie but has issues playing other channels.
Newcomer

I am also having having this problem, but mostly wth the Hallmark Channel.  I do have issues with both my Roku devices (multiple) and my laptops using the Spectrum app.  My one Roku is within 8 feet of my brand new WiFi.  Most (but not all) other channels tend to work.  I have 200 mg download service speed.

Newcomer

Over the past 3-4 years I had nothing but problems with spectrum app on Roku.  It did run better when they were time warner. It’s funny our goes out at night around 8pm every night and during football games.  We give up. 

They cant seemed to get it right, however other companies manage it well.  I’m testing direct tv now app on my Roku device.  Not bad, does have some minor issuses but free DVR included 

Over all all I intend to cancelled the tv aspect of sputum and go with someone who is knowledgeable and dependable of today’s technology and future. 

Spectator

We're in the same boat but, looking at Hulu and Sling. We see the most issues after 7 PM as well. Netflix and Prime work fine.

Newcomer

We have been having issues with the spectrum app as well. It's usually with the 'On Demand' section, and everytime I start to play something, it shuts off and goes back to the Roku home screen. I can't get anything to play and after starting over 3-4 times, I give up! This happens at all times of the day, and our wi-fi is a few feet away and our roku is really the main thing we use wi-fi with. It's frustrating and disappointing!
Lead Moderator

The issues you mention sound like connectivity issues to our network.

I encourage you to  contact support directly to have that looked into. 

While you may not notice a problem with connection there could be several

underlying issues that would affect the Spectrum TV/Roku connection that you

would not notice while doing everyday surfing.

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328)

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Spectator

It is clearly a Spectrum App issue and not a network issue. I was able to confirm last Thursday evening. I couldn't get the app to come in clearly for the Thursday night football game. I have Amazon Prime and all Thursday night games are streamed on Prime as well. I was able to switch over and immediately got full HD quality live streaming from the Amazon App while the Spectrum app was so blurry and choppy you couldn't watch the game.

When we have issues, Amazone Prime streaming, Netflix streaming, and CBS App streaming are all HD quality. Spectrum needs to revamp their roku app and make it a more reliable, especially considering the price I'm paying for service.

Newcomer

The spectrum Roku app is miserable, the app itself is always pixelated. I can switch over to channel specific apps and get live TV very clear, the same event. Apparently Julia R. Is a robot or has no voice withing the company. Most of my community that I talked with are experiencing the same issue so Spectrum is only seeing a very small population of complaints here. Most of my area will be switching to satellites based service. Mike