Rookie

Re: Roku RLC-1000 error

I find it amazing that this problem appear to be repeating itself for a year.  Do a few interweb searches on RLC-1000 and you will see 2017 vintage issues.

Issues started for me Friday,  see above with same timeframe.    ROKU nor my network has changed, which implies change by Spectrum.    Change management 101 - back out changes and better test patches being applied.  

With this said, appears  Spectrum spends more money advertising / commericals than they do support customers. 

Helper

I'm not defending but just pointing out that all live streaming services have had major problems in the past year...Directv Now and Youtube TV back in October, Hulu during the Super Bowl, Sling TV in April....and so on.

Live tv streaming is...problematic. They are all learning from each other what works and what doesn't and will eventually make it reliable for everyone.

Valued Contributor

Hi reds91185,

The streaming was working fine.  The issue has been getting past the hurdle where both the PC and ROKU app believe the user is operating away from their home based connection (presumably because the apps believe it is not pulling down data through the customer's authenticated modem).  It is in fact acting like I expect it to if I were to launch these apps from out of town.

The PC app is streaming for me but locking out certain channels.  The ROKU app will not let me log-in at all.  Both applications were working great for the past two to three years until last weekend.

Helper

There are several overlapping issues with the live stream, with your specific authentication issue being one of them that seems to be very widespread and very intermittent.  I've been lucky in that I haven't experienced any of these problems...knock on wood.

Newcomer

Ditto here at zipcode 29063.  App stopped working sometime on Friday.  Had no problems for years prior to that.  Spectrum only acknowledged that they have a problem.  They need to back out their latest change and go back to the drawing board.  Many paying customers not getting service right now.  Paying for a product and not getting said product.

Valued Contributor

Just had a voice mail message from Spectrum saying they have fixed the issue.   I just checked the PC app and it is still indicating I need to connect to my home network.  I have not checked the ROKU yet but I will and will update that result here when I get back home.

Spectator

Same here in zip code 12306. Unable to use the Roku App since 12/07. Called Spectrum twice. Got the same canned answer- ‘we are aware of the problem. Please try the app again in 24 hours.’ Keep trying and nothing gets resolved. Getting ready to cancel their service.
Valued Contributor

The issue has been resolved.  When I accessed the Spectrum app on the ROKU, it appears to be a new version, dated about a week ago, and it came up with a new agreement page before allowing access to the app.

The PC app is working now too.  I knew it had nothing to do with my equipment.