Observer

Picture Quality (Motion) of Louisville Local Channels While Watching Sports

All of my channels have smooth, crystal clear HD except for what seems to be my local channels when watching sports (CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox).  If I watch a game on Espn, CBS Sports Network, or any other channel the motion and picture is fantastic.  However, when I watch sports on the local channels, the picture is not as clear and appears to have problems with choppy motion.  Can someone please help with this issue?  My tv has a very high refresh rate and I do not know why it only happens with sports and local channels.

3 REPLIES
Observer

Re: Picture Quality (Motion) of Louisville Local Channels While Watching Sports

I forgot to mention, this is with a roku streaming stick (3800 new version)...thanks!

Proven Sharer

nfreed14 wrote:

I forgot to mention, this is with a roku streaming stick (3800 new version)...thanks!

If the stations are transmitting locally originated remote video feeds in 720P mode, the Roku will first convert the signals to 1080P.  Then your hi-res set will try to upconvert them again to its own native higher resolution.  Try turning off the Roku's up-convert and let your TV do the entire conversion in one step. 

Expert

Call the local station, speak to their engineering dept, see if they're aware of an issue feeding their video to Spectrum...

You can probably get true HD if you put an antenna on the set, Compare it to what you get via cable... it's probably going to be a lot better. Especially live sports.