Rookie

On demand for roku low volume

Using the twc TV app live streaming the audio is how it should be but when I go to on demand through the app, the volume is very lo and I have to boost the volume almost to the max to hear anything. Any ideas on how to fix this?
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Expert

Re: On demand for roku low volume

turn off the surround , try different wide/narrow/normal settings.

Rookie

Are you saying to change these within the roku app because I don't see those options. The sound is fine when watching live tv on the twc app. But once I go into the on demand section and play something I have to go from like a volume of 25-30 to like 75-100 on my tv.
Expert

there has to be sound settings... either in the roku, your tv or both.

Rookie

I've switched sound options on my tv while in the twc TV app and nothing. The roku I haven't checked as it wouldn't make sense to since the sound is fine on other apps on the roku, the twc TV app is the only one doing this on the roku
Expert

As far as I've seen, you should set sound to "normal" or "narrow"

Wide kills the L+R level and usually reduces levels on a  channel with no L-R stereo separation.

Not applicable

Well, I have to say I'm glad that I'm not the only one having this problem.  Seriously, I need to basically jack up the sound on the TV to nearly 75% to be a decent hearing level over the HDMI input.... when my Xbox over HDMI is nearly blaring at 40%.  I've been thru all my settings and can't find anything to resolve this....   

I've noticed the same thing when using the Xbox TWC app as well.

Observer

This is still a problem. Flaw in the app I have 3 Riki's and one Roku TV. All of them do the same thing. So the problem in the app. All the other apps work just fine.