Not applicable

Re: New update stinks

I'm not sure why they would call this an update, it is a definite downgrade, like most everything else spectrum has done since they took over. Surely no one could have previewed this app and then approved it's upload and if they did, they should be fired. Why a company would take a stable and functional app, then remove all the convenient features, make it less user friendly, much more sluggish than the previous version, more difficult to navigate, defaults to the lower channels, takes up far to much screen space which slows user browsing and is in general just an overall irritating experience. I am just using Roku and going to individual networks rather than deal with it and the aggravation. In all honesty, the only possible excuse I can think of for spectrum to actually put this app out there is to intentionally degrade the user experience. No one could have with good intentions, thought of this as a product improvement. Put the app back like it was spectrum, it sucks. You know it and we know it. Just put it back.
Browser

I have the Roku Ultra, Model number: 4660RW, Software Version: 910.4111
Observer

I also hate the new update.  I’m using the most recent Roku Ultra.  So much functionality was destroyed in the update.  In addition to what others have already identified as problems:

The watchlist used to scroll both to the left and to the right.  Now it only scrolls to the right.  I have a. very long list, and now it takes forever to find shows only being able to scroll right.

When you are viewing info for a tv show, under the available episodes list the description used to include the original air date.  This made it easy to figure out which episodes I hadn’t yet watched.  That’s gone.   Please bring that information back.

Observer

Worked well until last week. Driving me crazy it this point and I have tried everything posted about it. It freezes and crashes my Roku afte changing 2 chammels and then try to get a third on my wirelss Roku setup as well as my wired one. I have never had trouble with the app until last week! Very frustrating. Oddly it works great on my ipad!!

Rookie

Glad I’m not the only one. For the past few days both roku streaming stick+ I have crash when trying to change a channel in spectrum app. The new menu needs to be smaller and opaque. Bring back the episode description and original air date. Whoever was the project manager on this update did not do their homework on it and the QA team obviously didn’t use a roku when testing. The app is completely useless on the roku now. I’m on the latest roku update and I have tried resets and reinstalling the spectrum app. Nothing works. You either need to rollback your update, hotfix it or get another update out fast. I’ll be calling spectrum for credit on my bill. Anyone else experiencing the same should do so as well.
Rookie

Well said, everyone.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

If the app loads at all, I usually can't change channels without it locking up.  And it locks the whole Roku unless I power it down manually; remote On/Off usually doesn't work.

Community Manager

Updated 9/12/19:

There was an update released 9/10/19 to address the login issues reported with the Roku app.  If you have auto-update selected, you can update by exiting the app and re-launching.  Otherwise, you will need to uninstall the app and download the app again from the Roku store.  In some cases, you will also need to restart the modem.    

Engineers are still working on the issue with the app freezing or shutting down.  Look for another update soon to address this issue. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Not applicable

Can you include the version and build date?

My system shows everything is updated, but shows version 2.0 and a build date of 08.23.2019.
Rookie

I don’t see an update either. Still 8-23-19
Observer

STILL DOESN"T WORK!!!!! In fact it's worse. At least I was able to get 2 or 3 channels before this supposd update, but now it freezes and crashes the Roku right away!!!