Not applicable

New update stinks

Update happened today. Noticing all sorts of issues and bugs. Any channel 1,000 and above always goes to its SD counterpart instead. This also means you have to hold the button to cycle through all the channels in the guide to get back to the 1000 section. The scrolling also takes longer than the old one. Has hung on me twice since the update. I am currently not signed in as any user, but asks me if I want to sign out. When I tried to sign in the app hung. How did this get released without any testing?
24 REPLIES 24
Valued Participant

Re: New update stinks

Noticed this too. Not sure how the new UI is better than the old one. When you left arrow and pull up the channels it seems to take up more of the screen and is more “blocky”.  May be better if you have bad vision.

I also noticed it does not like the channels above 1000. If you tune to a channel above 1000 and then look at it in the recent channels list it gives the under 1000 channel number.  Don’t know if this means that it is defaulting to SD or it is doing like a cable box and defaulting to the TV’s input resolution.  Makes things confusing. 

To to be honest the Spectrum App on the ROKU has been pretty stable for the last month or so. It makes me nervous when they mess with something that has been working considering their track record. 

Not applicable

Been using it tonight. It seems to show the hidef channel, but why it goes to the under 1000 version who knows. If it auto shows the better quality version then why list both? As a programmer myself it just seems like an overall poor release that needed much more refinement before going live.
Valued Participant

Also, the recent channel filter seems to be messed up. It used to be the channel you are watching would be on top and the channels would be listed in order of their last access. Now there seems to be no logic to the listing order.  Again confusing. 

Newcomer

We always use the Favorite channels feature to reduce the number of channels to choose.   This update broke that feature.

When  I choose Favorite channels as the filter it says that I don't have any favorite channels saved.  It does not let you select/unselect a channel as a favorite from the channel listing anymore.    But I did finally find a way to do it in the Guide feature which to me is a hidden feature.

Not at all a user friendly app.

Community Manager

@ScubaPongo , @JG22 , @LGT , 

We apologize for any issues.   If you can reply back with the details about the type of Roku you are using, I can pass along your feedback to the team monitoring the updates.  

James 

Not applicable

3810x - Roku Streaming Stick+

Running version : 9.1.0 • build 4111-50 at this time
Valued Participant

@James_M   

Mine is a Roku Streaming Stick+.  

Model number 3810RW.  

Software Version 9.1.0 build 4111-50. 

Community Manager

Thanks.  The Roku Stick was recently updated, I've sent your feedback to the team managing the updates.  

Rookie

Yes, it most certainly does. Mine wont even load most of the time.