Community Manager

Re: Guide causing re-boot

There was an update released 9/10/19 to address the issues reported with the Roku app.  If you have auto-update selected, you can update by exiting the app and re-launching.  Otherwise, you will need to uninstall the app and download the app again from the Roku store.  In some cases, you will also need to restart the modem.    

Thanks for your patience.  If you are still having an issue, please start a new thread.  

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Poor quality picture on Roku with the Spectrum App

Updated 9/12/19:

There was an update released 9/10/19 to address the login issues reported with the Roku app.  If you have auto-update selected, you can update by exiting the app and re-launching.  Otherwise, you will need to uninstall the app and download the app again from the Roku store.  In some cases, you will also need to restart the modem.    

Engineers are still working on the issue with the app freezing or shutting down.  Look for another update soon to address this issue. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Community Manager

Re: The problems with the Spectrum TV app should be a THE support priority

Updated 9/12/19:

There was an update released 9/10/19 to address the login issues reported with the Roku app.  If you have auto-update selected, you can update by exiting the app and re-launching.  Otherwise, you will need to uninstall the app and download the app again from the Roku store.  In some cases, you will also need to restart the modem.    

Engineers are still working on the issue with the app freezing or shutting down.  Look for another update soon to address this issue. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Spectator

I'll be checking out the update as soon as I can get a chance.

@Julia_R in case the engineers could use some more information about devices that experience this problem and didnt see my other thread...

FIRST DEVICE...

Model: 4210X - Roku 2
Software version: 9.1.0 build 4919-04
Spectrum TV version: 5.2 build 0

SECOND DEVICE...

Model: 8116X - Roku TV (TCL 32S327)
Software version: 9.1.2 build 4036-48
Spectrum TV version: 4.25 build 0

Lastly, I might have found something else that is interesting. I tried cleaning up one of the above devices by removing every theme/screensaver/app from the device that I new I would never use. (Roku tends to bloatware their devices when you first set it up). I got it down to 9 apps, 1 screensaver in available and 1 theme in available. I did some testing and the spectrum app didnt crash the device. However, I wouldnt call it fixed without me using it for a few days.

I just thought the above might be interesting to some users here.

@James_M There is no such update available. The App shows as Version 4.25.0 with a build date of 7/31/19. 

The issue persists....

App shuts down entire OS

This was a reply from the communithy admin.....
James_M wrote me that an update was done on 9/10/19 to fis this issue.....welll...

There is no updte available at the time of this posting and the problem persists.....
The App info reads Version 4.25.0 Build date 7/31/19
I did all the steps asked multiple times.....Nothing

Observer

I have four Rokus.  Two of them show version 4.25 in the Roku app store, the other two show version 5.2.  How did that happen?   Contacted Roku and they said to ask Spectrum about it.

Both versions don't work.  After bringing them up and changing channels one or two times, the app freezes and reboots the Roku.

Hope this is fixed soon.

Sharer

Re: App shuts down entire OS

The Roku platform can take a while to rolll out the updates sometimes.

We have 3 in the house... all the same models, all bound to the same account. But they won't all update in the same window, even when I manually scan for updates. Has at times taken a few weeks to get all of them updated.

It is especially bad for the OS updates... some apps won't update unless the OS is patched to a certain release level, which can take months after OS revisions are released. We just got v9.1.0 build 4919-50 on the last Roku on Sept. 4th... They started rolling out 9.1.0 builds shortly after Spring Break.

Didn't get Spectrum's app updated to 5.2 until after that OS update. Were on the old 4.x build until then on two of them--only one bedroom ever got the 5.1 release people were posting about last month.
Observer

STILL DOESN"T WORK!!!!! In fact it's worse. At least I was able to get 2 or 3 channels before this supposd update, but now it freezes and crashes the Roku right away!!!

Sharer

Out of curiosity... what model number and version of the OS are you guys having trouble with?

The reason I ask is I saw issues with a couple other services on older versions of Rokus. People who had the newer models with quad-core processors and 1GB of RAM were stable.