Browser

Re: Spectrum App not working on Roku

I will keep that in mind. I'm glad you had mentioned that. I had tried all solutions that I had saw online and in the forum.
Newcomer

Can you please tell me how to ask a question in this topic? Thank you
Browser

explain your problem that you're having with the Spectrum app on your Roku device. Someone will either have the same problem or something similar and a moderator will answer your issue and probably give you advice to how to fix your issue you're having.
Rookie

Re: Poor quality picture on Roku with the Spectrum App

Spectrum tv app on Apple 4ktv & Roku ultra: espn channels flicker badly while all other channels play perfectly. So weird. Also all other streaming apps work perfectly to.
Internet speed is 450 download & 22 upload. I use a surfboard 8200, & a nighthawk xr450
Rookie

This is also happening to me as of the first week in Sept. 2019 on a Roku Ultra. I have taken all suggested steps...seems I will be switching to Sling and cancelling Spectrum TV if the app can't get working again. This is obviously become a wider problem. 

Browser

Have you tried what the spectrum moderate had suggested to me. He mentioned that I should reset the modem that's associated with the account. But what you have to do as well is allow 12-24 hours so it can fully reset your information. I have my own modem instead of spectrum's modem.

Also, my situation was strange cause i have never had that problem before and i was ready to get rid of it as well. But do try to reset your modem. Either by unplugging it for 10 seconds or hold the reset button.
Spectator

The problems with the Spectrum TV app should be a THE support priority

I have six 3600R Roku Streaming Sticks and one 4660X2 Roku Ultra, all are in a reasonable distance from the WiFi router with no brick, steel or electronic related obstructions. All but one Roku device are using the Spectrum app version 4.25.0, the Roku Ultra updated the other day to 5.2.0.

I’ve been using the Spectrum app for over two years and have made several attempts to resolved the problems I’ve been having with the app, going so far as to contacting Roku support, purchasing three different routers which included a mesh system, relocating the router to different locations, making setting changes to the Roku and the Spectrum app, reinstalling the app, resetting, readjusting, rebooting, re-cabling, all have been a waste of time and a whole lot of money.

70% of the time the app performs fairly well, the 30% is a freaking nightmare and after two years of just shutting up and taking it, I’ve had enough. You guys at Spectrum either don’t care, don’t want to deal with it or are just incompetent. There is no way you don’t know about the problems with your app, it’s all over the internet with direct responses to inquiries from Spectrum going back to 2017 that pretty much attempt to redirect the problem away from the app, in other words Spectrum tries to place blame elsewhere.

Messages the app provides: (1) service unavailable, (2) channel currently unavailable we are working to restore service, (3) service unavailable error RLP/RGExxxx, (4) loading please wait, (5) the guide data not available, (6) channel subscribed to are not available and so on and on and on.

What the 30% looks like: (1) the video and sound freezes sometimes momentarily and other times the app needs to be restarted, (2) the video and sound periodically repeats, sometimes once and other times multiple times, (3) the sound is out of sync with the picture, it’s a bit like watching a Godzilla movie from the 50’s, (4) of all the problems with the app this one gets the biggest booby prize, the picture is garbled and/or blurred, this happens every single day and it can last for minutes or go on for hours and occurs on all seven Roku devices including the Ultra that has the new app version 5.2.0.

An important note: Netflix, RokuChannel, CuriosityStream, hulu, HBOnow, VUDU, YouTube, Pandora and Sling are the other apps I use on the Roku’s… none of these have any of the above-mentioned issues and in fact all of them work flawlessly all the time.

As mentioned above, Spectrum knows about this, it’s time to fix these issues, I suggest your support team make this a priority, it’s not going away and in fact the performance of your app will become a greater issue as more and more users head towards streaming their TV.

Thank you for viewing my message

Proven Sharer

Re: The problems with the Spectrum TV app should be a THE support priority

The peer-to-peer user suppport forums ackowlege receiving your rant message.  However, we are users like you, NOT Spectrum employees or management. You should direct your complaints to those folks, who can react to your comments.  

Spectator

My message is direct and opinionated but is not a rant so if it comes off like that then I apologize, it is however meant to be an opportunity to inform and fix something that I and many others have determined to be broken for too long... thank you for setting me straight on who the forum audience is.

Sharer

Sounds more like problems at the encoding and/or transport levels and not the app itself.