Newcomer

Re: Poor quality picture on Roku with the Spectrum App

Roku Ultra, Vizio smart TV, Spectrum Internet @200mbps and Spectrum's app worked perfectly the first year or so after switching to Spectrum. Then, about 2 months ago, I started having the same picture issue everyone here has described plus. Sometimes the audio is off from the picture, sometimes the picture freezes and a progress bar pops up and indicates a channel is downloading, sometimes the picture is so bad that people's faces have zero features- just a splotch, sometimes the channel freezes and I have to exit the app and go back in and sometimes this problem goes on for 5 or 6 hours at a time!!! It's not even at peak times....at least I don't think 3:45AM is a peak time but it's when I get up for work and turn on the news while I'm getting ready. 
Yesterday (07/15/'19) there was an app update to which I was hopeful would resolve these issues but NOPE. Still goes in and out on picture quality.

I've called tech support several times trying everything they threw at me from uninstalling the app to unplugging the Roku to having an update to my modem via tech support ALL to no avail. I even had a tech lady argue with me that it was probably the TV but if Netflix and Hulu (or ANY other app) aren't ever showing the same degration of picture and/or audio then it's NOT the TV. I have the Roku connected with an ethernet cable so it's not a WiFi issue either.
I wish Spectrum would get this resolved because I'm about down to the last straw in which I will call and either demand a reduction of my bill until this issue is resolved or I'll drop the TV service altogether. 
Ironically, I found this forum by searching Roku Spectrum Picture Issues after hanging up on the one tech support person who kept insisting it was my TV causing the problem. Maybe she should read the forums.

Newcomer

I am in Ohio. We have the standard 100Mb down internet and Spectrum’s gold package. We also have the Google mesh WiFi system.

We have a Roku Streaming stick+. All major apps (HBO, STARZ, Etc.). Stream beautifully over our Roku using our Spectrum credentials to log in. The Spectrum app on the other hand... is often pixelated, laggy, and downright cumbersome. Has Spectrum abandoned this app? There hasn’t been an update to it in some time, and it’s not getting any better. I’m guessing it’s a deciding issue in the app. I really feel like if the app developers don’t know how to handle this, they should reach out to Hulu or HBO’s app developers for help. I really don’t think it’s that hard to deliver quality streaming content to consumers, yet Spectrum, a MAJOR communication company, can’t seem to handle that. I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but I haven’t seen a new version of the app in a long time. You’d think they’d at least TRY to fix it... but nope. I think they’ve abandoned Roku as a platform... which is a bad idea IMO.
CAG
Rookie

I use the roku stick on four 4k tvs in my home. Ive noticed poor quality displays on some tvs while good quality displays on the others; all set to the same channel. Hmmm I unglugged power to the roku sticks having a bad picture (pixelated or smudgy looking) waited five minutes  and then plugged them into

@Mollystormy wrote:

I looked at the Spectrum App on my Roku in my bedroom.  I was thinking I could remove the Spectrum DVR I have and save some $.  The picture quality on the App is poor.  It is not too bad on the local channels like CBS or NBC.  The cable channels like CNN or MSNBC is terrible!  I checked with Spectrum Technical Support.  They had me reset the modem and also remove the app and add it back.  It made no difference.  They told me the quality of the picture on their app should be the same as Hulu or Netflix.  It's not at all comparable.

@Mollystormy wrote:

I looked at the Spectrum App on my Roku in my bedroom.  I was thinking I could remove the Spectrum DVR I have and save some $.  The picture quality on the App is poor.  It is not too bad on the local channels like CBS or NBC.  The cable channels like CNN or MSNBC is terrible!  I checked with Spectrum Technical Support.  They had me reset the modem and also remove the app and add it back.  It made no difference.  They told me the quality of the picture on their app should be the same as Hulu or Netflix.  It's not at all comparable.

power again (usb port). All tv pictures looked great again after this power cycle, 

Rookie

This doesn't look promising to a prospective Choice customer. I'm on Dish right now thinking of cutting the cord. Choice + Philo seems like a great combo. But if Spectrum on a Roku Ultra isn't as good quality as Dish, or Netflix, I won't be switching until I see some positive comments.
Highlighted
Browser

Spectrum App not working on Roku

I noticed that the Spectrum app on my Roku had an update. Now I'm not able to sign-in. When I try to sign in it tells me ”the info you entered doesn't match our records. please try again.” I know my info is correct, I'm able to sign in on my phone and on my laptop.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that would work. but each time I get the same response. I also called customer service two days ago and the representative told me the engineers are working on it.

I can see why people get frustrated with this company. they are forever changing things and messing things up. either with the login or something else.
Rookie

New Spectrum App Fails to Load

The "New" Spectrum APP for ROKU fails to load most of the time. I have two ROKU Ultra's, connected via ethernet. Both were working fine prior to the "update".  Occasionally, one will work, but most of the time they hang on the blue screen. 

The previous version worked fine. Well, except for the channel freezing and studdering. 

Anyone having the same problem?

Not applicable

Re: New Spectrum App Fails to Load

Mine started doing that. I have to exit out and restart the app 2 or 3 times before it will load.
Lead Moderator

Re: Spectrum App not working on Roku

Hello!

I am sorry to see your peers did not have any suggestions.  First thing I would suggest is to remove the application. Please then login to spectrum.net and change your password as the security requirements have slightly changed. You may also need to verify the phone number we have for you and the email address. If you have not set up your recovery security questions you may also need to do this.

Once that has been done give it a try.

If you are still not able to please contact support directly, to my knowledge there is currently no company wide issue with signin on the Roku platform.

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

Re: Spectrum App not working on Roku

Thanks for replying, but I have tried uninstalling the app, reset my password, reset my Roku device, and I updated my security questions. I'm still not able to sign into my Spectrum account.

I also contacted a representative and they told me that the engineers we're looking into it. I don't think they thought about a Roku device.
Rookie

ROKU Spectrum Application Update - Missing Channels

After the update, it seems that I am also missing channels. CBS on channel 5 here is missing from the guide. Odd, it worked just fine before the update and is available for viewing via my cablebox. 

This update is a hot mess. Relased way too early and full of bugs.  You have to re-launch it multiple times just to get it to work and now channels are missing from the guide. 

No, there is nothing wrong with my cable signal, and re-booting the ROKU or my router/cable modem does not fix the problem. 

Is anyone at SPECTRUM looking into these issues?