Highlighted
Newcomer

The interface of the TV app on Amazon is atrocious.

I have been a project manager on a number of software development teams and whoever pushed this app into production needs to be fired.  The screen is stretched, you can not scroll and the entire setup is clumsy and non-intuitive.  Trying to find a program or even listings are a marathon.  This should have been sent to an architect for redsign before even going to develpment and build.   If Spectrum wants to compete with major streaming competitors, they better get the interface fixed asap.  First impressions are a bear to get over and my first impression is that this interface is a pain in the arse.

7 REPLIES 7
Helper

Re: The interface of the TV app on Amazon is atrocious.

What Amazon device are you using? The only ones officially supported are Kindle devices.  Any other Amazon device...ie. Fire TV or Sticks... are not supported by Spectrum and will not run correctly on those devices without some workarounds.

Newcomer

The site moderator sent me a link with a short book on how to navigate the site. With Netflix or DirecTV Now, they were intuitive and no reading was required. And it still doesn't fix the screen stretch or scroll issue.
Helper

@Bradfot What device are you using?

Newcomer

Amazon Fire TV Cube with a Samsung Smart TV.

Helper

@Bradfot wrote:

Amazon Fire TV Cube with a Samsung Smart TV.

There is the answer. The Fire TV devices are not supported by Spectrum at this time. The version you are able to download from the Amazon app store is designed for a Kindle.

Newcomer

Thanks for the information.  They advertise it on the Spectrum website and have it in the Amazon App store.  That's (edited) that they don't make that clear.  The interface is simply impossible.   I'll come back once they get the interface fixed, the pricing is competitive and this coming from a DirecTV Now and Hulu user.  With the price hike, I am about ready to kick DirecTV to the curb,

Lead Moderator

Good afternoon @Bradfot 

You can read more about the Spectrum TV App here: 

Spectrum TV App

You can read about all of the devices that are compatible with the service.  Toward the bottom of that page there is a section for frequently asked questions. 

There are also dozens of TV Channel Apps that partner with us to provide you even more options for at home and on the go!

You can view the list of those and what devices those are supported on here:

TV Channel Apps

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums