Highlighted

Spectrum TV App won't let me access my DVR

Just got new service, having the same issue.  Can we please get some sort of estimate on when this is going to work properly?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum TV App won't let me access my DVR

@internetplumber

Sorry for any service issues. I moved your message and started a new topic because it sounds like this is a different issue.  When new service is installed it can take a day or two for all equipment to associate on the account.  If the equipment is still not showing, then you can try restarting the modem, then restarting the cable box / DVR.  Also, just to clarify, you can only manage your DVR from the app, you are not able to view DVR recordings on the app.   Please let us know if you still need assistance.  You can also reach support directly at: 

Proven Sharer

You said that you just got new service.  Does this mean you're a new Spectrum customer and never had this working in the past, or did you just move to a different residence and your equipment did work with the app previously?

At this time the Spectrum app itself does not include the ability to view programming from DVR devices.  This software's lack of DVR viewing is well-known to Spectrum and a fix is being worked on, but at this time there is no estimated date for completion. 

I'm a new spectrum customer. Both the app and the online portal status show the DVR as being not connected. The error text from the app reads "DVR Management Unavailable No Spectrum receivers are associated with your account. If you believe you've received this message in error, please visit twc.com/tvapp. DCM-1008"
Community Manager

@internetplumber , 

I was able to locate your account and I see you are currently using an Arris 210 Worldbox.  Unfortunately, this is a known issue and there is no estimated time to have it resolved.   You can exchange the DVR for a different model at a local store.  This error only impacts the ability to manage the DVR with the app.  You still have the ability to use the app for viewing live and OnDemand programming.   

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated